Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 05:43 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,892,718 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen that yet in clothing stores, but I wouldn't like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 07:25 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,512 posts, read 6,322,561 times
Doesnt bother me. But then again Im pretty laid back. It takes a lot to bother me.

You dont have to give your real name you know. They dont have any way to check. Poor things. Theyre just trying to be polite. As somebody else said. Damned if you do . Damned if you dont. We complain they ignore us and then when they try to pay attention to us we complain about that.

If being addressed by a first name bothers you then give them a last name. Besides making up names is fun.

Last edited by Cecilia_Rose; 06-22-2008 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Mrs Wildfartz would you like a smaller size in that?

Old 06-22-2008, 01:34 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,480,303 times
Was asked my name again at Express yesterday

went into fitting room at Banana Republic and had not gotten my first leg into a pair of pants before they were at the door pounding asking if I needed help LOL maybe I need to get with the program and start liking this stuff.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:42 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,698,221 times
As a joke, maybe give them "Bueller." Then, disappear so they will have to say it several times.

I'd hate spilling my name for the Gap!

Old 06-22-2008, 04:52 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,228 times
Default the Gap hasn't retained its market

They're writing the name on the door because this is what they do at Express. It doesn't bother me though it does seem kind of desperate.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:35 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,217,766 times
Between asking for your phone number, asking for your name, hounding you to sign up for their store charge cards, chasing you around the store with clothing in colors you'd never wear, telling you it would "look good with your coloring", etc., I'm getting to the point where I either order everything from catalogs, or just shop at stores where I know they don't pester you. Like WalMart, Target, Sears, Kohl's (last time I was there they left me alone). Not exactly tres chic, but what're you going to do?

Old 06-23-2008, 09:48 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,512 posts, read 6,322,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Between asking for your phone number, asking for your name, hounding you to sign up for their store charge cards, chasing you around the store with clothing in colors you'd never wear, telling you it would "look good with your coloring", etc., I'm getting to the point where I either order everything from catalogs, or just shop at stores where I know they don't pester you. Like WalMart, Target, Sears, Kohl's (last time I was there they left me alone). Not exactly tres chic, but what're you going to do?
Most of that is just store policy. They have to ask. I dont take it personal. I just say no thank you.

Now that you mention it the clothing thing does get to me a little. Especially if Im in a hurry. Im very hard to fit, I only like certain colors and I have my own style. For every 30 things I try on. Maybe one will work. They think Im stuggling and they want to help. I do appreciate the thought but Im not struggling . Im just picky. And sometimes I just dont have the time to explain why that wont work.

I really need to try stuff on so cataog shopping doesnt work for me. Especially if you have to pay to send stuff back.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:21 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,370,311 times
Quote:
Between asking for your phone number, asking for your name, hounding you to sign up for their store charge cards...I'm getting to the point where I either order everything from catalogs, or just shop at stores where I know they don't pester you. Like WalMart, Target, Sears, Kohl's (last time I was there they left me alone). Not exactly tres chic, but what're you going to do?
Yeah, I am getting to the point of frequenting the non-pestering stores too. I also am hard to fit with finding tall sizes few and far between. But for the sake of anonymity while shopping, I prefer the do-it-yourself type stores now, for some shirts atleast.

I am thinking of doing more catalog and online shopping. I appreciate the clerk's "concern" and understand they are just following orders, but I just don't like the excessive attention.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:35 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,625,586 times
For me, when I WANT help, I can't find it. When I don't want it, they are everywhere..lol I haven't experienced that yet, but I hate when certain
places ask for your telephone number or email. Just give me my change
and I am outta there...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty