U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 09-26-2009, 10:46 PM
 
Location: California
43 posts, read 65,272 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
You should travel before you say a single word about the world. You said "I havent travelled outside of the US" so the rest of your post is basically worthless. You cant talk about somewhere if you havent lived or even visited.

As for Japan people work on average longer hours then americans. But the difference is alot of japanese even if they dont make alot of money (especially the younger generation) will spend like almost all of their money on clothes. You should really go to tokyo and look on just how much money 13-30 year olds spend on how they look. Then you will understand why people in different countries dress better. Alot of it has to do with income equality I guess too, Japan is ranked #2 in the world after denmark for income equality, so that could be a factor on why the average japanese is dressed better. But there is no doubt in my mind the average japanese 13-30 year old spends too much money on clothes and being fasionable.

Oh please give me a break, "You should travel before you say a single word about the world". If you had really read my post you would realize that it had nothing to do with me traveling or even caring what other people in other countries are wearing. It's about having some sense of compassion and understanding towards others just because they don't dress like you. What did you just glance over and skip the big words. The only thing I said about other countries was that there are people in those countries that DO NOT wear only fashionable clothing, it's a fact, there are pictures all over the internet of poor people in other countries that are not wearing Gucci. Or do you only look at the pretty pictures.

It is totally obvious to me now that you are one of those holier then thou folks that think you are better than everyone because of the size of your wallet. I wont even bother responding to anything else you may post because you are the type of high class, low morals i got money and you dont broads that wouldnt waste a second of your time to help another human being other than yourself, even if there life depended on your help. So that being said best of luck to you in your life and I hope that the fashion you love so much brings you all the love you deserve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2009, 10:49 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,791,058 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersminerals View Post
Oh please give me a break, "You should travel before you say a single word about the world". If you had really read my post you would realize that it had nothing to do with me traveling or even caring what other people in other countries are wearing. It's about having some sense of compassion and understanding towards others just because they don't dress like you. What did you just glance over and skip the big words. The only thing I said about other countries was that there are people in those countries that DO NOT wear only fashionable clothing, it's a fact, there are pictures all over the internet of poor people in other countries that are not wearing Gucci. Or do you only look at the pretty pictures.

It is totally obvious to me now that you are one of those holier then thou folks that think you are better than everyone because of the size of your wallet. I wont even bother responding to anything else you may post because you are the type of high class, low morals i got money and you dont broads that wouldnt waste a second of your time to help another human being other than yourself, even if there life depended on your help. So that being said best of luck to you in your life and I hope that the fashion you love so much brings you all the love you deserve
Man, right now I'm compelled to believe everyone in Japan drives a Ferrari.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 PM
 
5,004 posts, read 5,121,875 times
Reputation: 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Man, right now I'm compelled to believe everyone in Japan drives a Ferrari.
Yeah, I'll have to ask my brother if he sees any when he goes to Japan this Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,791,058 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Yeah, I'll have to ask my brother if he sees any when he goes to Japan this Christmas.
I've been there thrice. Not so fancy There are a handful of multi-storeyed buildings, if that amuses people. And I'm not much of a whale eater too. Plain old beef does it for me.

Besides, the people looked normal. It wasn't like I was passing miranda kerr or naomi campbell every 10 seconds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 10:54 PM
 
Location: California
43 posts, read 65,272 times
Reputation: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Man, right now I'm compelled to believe everyone in Japan drives a Ferrari.

Ahahahaha LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 10:56 PM
 
5,004 posts, read 5,121,875 times
Reputation: 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I've been there thrice. Not so fancy There are a handful of multi-storeyed buildings, if that amuses people. And I'm not much of a whale eater too. Plain old beef does it for me.

Besides, the people looked normal. It wasn't like I was passing miranda kerr or naomi campbell every 10 seconds.
Nah, don't say it's so!!! There IS a SANTA!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,791,058 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylersminerals View Post
Ahahahaha LMAO.
You know they still sell David Beckham masks back there, nearly 8 years after the world cup.

It's been one of the A-list possessions of the 13-30 year olds. They probably think he's the descendant of Henry VIII or something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 11:03 PM
 
5,004 posts, read 5,121,875 times
Reputation: 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
You know they still sell David Beckham masks back there, nearly 8 years after the world cup.

It's been one of the A-list possessions of the 13-30 year olds. They probably think he's the descendant of Henry VIII or something
I believe it. My brother's MIL bought $250 face cream there, speaking of fashion; yet she rides a bicycle for transportation. The family only has one car. Parking is at a premium.

And just because someone's on the cutting edge of fashion, doesn't mean they have good common sense either. My in-laws there go shopping a lot - but where do they store it all? They have a tiny house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,023 posts, read 13,791,058 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I believe it. My brother's MIL bought $250 face cream there, speaking of fashion; yet she rides a bicycle for transportation. The family only has one car. Parking is at a premium.

And just because someone's on the cutting edge of fashion, doesn't mean they have good common sense either. My in-laws there go shopping a lot - but where do they store it all? They have a tiny house!
It's all about priorities. And I once read an article in a magazine that the young women in Japan spend so much on clothes, cell phones and cosmetics that they run out of money and even get into prostitution/pornography to get the money needed to gratify their lifestyle.

Of course, everyone knows the amount of pornography that comes out of Japan. So excessive that it can choke a horse. They're even pioneers in several forms of pornography. Wiki has all the details for the curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 11:19 PM
 
5,004 posts, read 5,121,875 times
Reputation: 5632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's all about priorities. And I once read an article in a magazine that the young women in Japan spend so much on clothes, cell phones and cosmetics that they run out of money and even get into prostitution/pornography to get the money needed to gratify their lifestyle.

Of course, everyone knows the amount of pornography that comes out of Japan. So excessive that it can choke a horse. They're even pioneers in several forms of pornography. Wiki has all the details for the curious.
Yes, my brother has told me about the "love hotels."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top