U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 AM

2,736 posts, read 5,791,882 times

Advertisements

I'm very natural, but I can get all dressed up for the occassion. But I'm most comfortable in jeans w/ a t and tennies or shorts/tshirt and flip flops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 AM

13,440 posts, read 4,591,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I'm a rockabilly girl...as I've mentioned before. I'm all about retro style from the 40's and 50's. Right now my hair is about 8 inches all over (I always curl it) with bangs. Here I am...IMG_5343.JPG (image)
Great pic. I love the rockabilly style too but unfortunately it doesn't fit me as well.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:51 PM

1,234 posts, read 2,397,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I'm a rockabilly girl...as I've mentioned before. I'm all about retro style from the 40's and 50's. Right now my hair is about 8 inches all over (I always curl it) with bangs. Here I am...IMG_5343.JPG (image)
You're ridiculously beautiful. I love your hair. If the rockabilly style actually fit my personality, I'd do it, but alas, it does not...
I still admire it though.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:18 PM

342 posts, read 1,584,005 times
Classic with an edge.
As in classic/timeless with a dash of rockstar/glam. Definitely not preppy classic.

At least that's the inspiration

Old 07-25-2008, 07:35 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,189,172 times
Today my look is peeved.

$165 bucks at the hairdressers and when she said brown with "warm" tones, what she really should have said is sorta brown with an underlying red/carrot color.

A great look for some people, I am not one of them.

**sigh** I can't believe I worked so hard at growing out my blonde highlights just so I could look like I stepped out of the Scottish Highlands. It's gonna be weeks before this fades enough for me to colour it myself. WHICH is what I should have done in the first place.

meh, you live and learn.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:08 PM

874 posts, read 3,358,187 times
Depends on the occasion and mood. @ work, chic and trendy, home..i love teddies and my poofy slippers, supermarket/mall, boots well now that I'm in florida, fitted jeans and top with sandals..or hanging out with friends..saturday nite, heels, jeans and a sexy top. Very light makeup if any at all, especially in this heat.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,811,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
Depends on the occasion and mood. @ work, chic and trendy, home..i love teddies and my poofy slippers, supermarket/mall, boots well now that I'm in florida, fitted jeans and top with sandals..or hanging out with friends..saturday nite, heels, jeans and a sexy top. Very light makeup if any at all, especially in this heat.
Ditto

Old 08-01-2008, 08:59 AM

8,181 posts, read 16,165,565 times
Work...business casual.....
Weekends depending what we're doing....
I can and do get away with the biker look.
I can and do get away with the craft show middle aged grandma look lol

You'll never ever find me worrying about looking like something on a magazine cover.
I don't care about what's in "style"

Makeup rare on the weekends and light during the week.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:49 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,555,553 times
I am very tall and skinny so I look like a palm, I wear alot of jeans and Tshirt , I also like to wear dresses to look feminine sometimes . short curly brown hair , white skin but I am using the make up to be brunette . I have a simple look in general.

Last edited by Mona Mee; 08-01-2008 at 10:50 AM..

Old 08-03-2008, 07:08 PM

2,745 posts, read 12,859,006 times
I tend towards a Rockabilly flavor when I get "dressed up". I prefer vintage cuts and styles.

Every day though? I've been told I look like the girl on that show Criminal Minds (Penelope Garcia I believe).. I have a blonde (dyed) inverted bob that is growing out, glasses with semi-retro looking black frames, fairly pale skin, green eyes. My "look" is lazy. I'm 5'8", overweight but hourglass curvy (thankful for that!).. I tend to wear tanks and capris and birkenstocks. In cooler weather it is usually the flat front khaki or chino type pants (though more often dark than light) with scoop neck thin sweaters or knit pullovers in darker colors or jewel tones.

I was a 'punk rock girl' in my youth and a lot of that still carries over into my current look, just not so obnoxiously as in my past. For a while there I was having fun with keeping my hair pink, purple, blue, but got bored with it.

Oh, and I only wear makeup when I go out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty