Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:52 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,560 times

Advertisements

Okay ladies (and gents if you so desire)...time to play "I wish".

List all the things you would do for a makeover if money were no object.

What salon would you go to?
What plastic surgeon (if applicable) would you go to? What would you have done?
What lifestyle changes would you make?
How much weight (and how) would you lose?
Dental work?
Etc...

I am making my own list and need ideas.

Every few years I do a 180 makeover of sorts. I will either lose weight (that extra 25 lbs that is on again/off again), whiten my teeth via the dentist, get new clothes, lifestyle changes, new hairstyle and color, etc.

One year it may be one of those things and another year it may be a combo of those things. I may get my long hair cut short, or get my teeth whitened, or both done. I may toss out all my old wardrobe and get a new one. Nine years ago I got a breast lift/reduction and it did wonders for me! Just that alone made me look 100% better (and feel better too). I try to pick one major area to improve, then improve it.

So, let's chime in on this and have fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 02:26 AM

16 posts, read 49,446 times
I want to get lipo around my stomach. I tried the gym endless amount of times only to lose weight in my boobs and no where else. I weighed 103 at one point and still had rolls and armpit fat... But my boobs were shrinking. If I had a gazillion dollars, I'd get
1. Lipo/tummy tuck
2. Lipo on my armpits
3. Lipo on my neck
4. Hair removal on my legs and armpits

I wish there was a operation that can make your shoulders narrower, because that's what I definitely need too. But alas, I'm only 19 and making not so much money...

Old 07-16-2008, 02:35 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,752 times
Z0har64, same goes here... With 26 and a new house and a child, no money left over for such kinda things.

But let's dream a bit:

1. I'd like to have really long curly/wavy shiny hair
2. I'd like to have short hair also, at least once to see how it would look
3. I'd like to have a manicure and pedicure at least once a month.

Okay, now to the bigger problems
4. a boob job would be fine too, they should be nice and round but not too big, after DS was born they really got smaller and smaller
5. Liposuction at butt and thighs.

However, that's only dreams. At lot would have to happen before I would go to an operation b/c I'd know several other ways to spend the money clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, jewels, traveling, books,... So much to do and have and not enough money.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:05 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
Id like a whole body makeover. Id have implants, and have a makeover to try to resemble Xena, she ROCKS!
I agree with the liposuction, too. Though I'll probably never be as 'big' as Xena is, it could be fun just to resemble the Princess Warrior, lol.

Last edited by country pride; 11-03-2008 at 08:21 PM..

Old 07-16-2008, 01:15 PM

Xena, our hero!

I'd get a whole body makeover too. I will list my "wish" list later, but wanted to see what others would do if they had no boundaries or limitations. It's fun to dream, if anything.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:21 PM

Okay, here's my list...

First, I would address lifestyle changes. I'd hire a personal trainer and nutritionist and personal chef. (if only!)

Then I would get myself in a healthier frame of mind. See above.

Then I would start at the salon. You know, something like Louis Licari or my favorite... Edward Tricomi (he did my hair and did wonders for me before) I'd get a whole new "look" that was complimentary to my face and skin tone.

Then off to the plastic surgeon. I'd get:
1. Face lift
2. Laser skin resurfacing
3. Laser hair removal
4. Tummy tuck
5. Lipo (chin, upper arms and thighs)
6. Botox or some other injection to redefine anything that needs redefined after the facelift.

Then I would go to Ulta or Sephora and buy every bit of mineral makeup known to man(woman)kind.

Lastly, I would get my teeth whitened. I've had great results with the trays.

And, for maintenance I would go get a massage every other week, the tanning salon, and manicure/pedicure/waxing every week.

By golly, if I could afford that, I better look like Xena when I am done!

Old 07-17-2008, 03:01 PM

337 posts, read 1,431,732 times
Wow DragonFly....you got quite a list! But then, hey, if money is no object....let's see.....

1. Tummy Tuck (saggy baggy from 3 C-sections)
2. Whatever it is they do to pull up the saggy skin hanging from my jaw line and
under my chin! (I know this is a face lift, but it seems they always specify to
one area on the face...such as eyes, etc. My eyes are fine and so far, I'm not
concerned about my wrinkles.)
3. Braces! (Always wanted nice straight teeth!)
4. Teeth Whitening ( gotta have 'em nice and pearly white after all that time
wearing braces!
5. Oh YEAH!!!.....weekly massages! (Can we say DE-stress???)
6. And well....throw in a good mani/pedi every other week for good measure!
7. Great hairstyle and color maintenance! (But just found a really awesome guy near
me who I think has found the style/color for me!)
8. Personal Trainer (to teach me how to keep it all at it's best)
9. Well heck....throw in a personal chef!

Not tryin' to look like Xena.....but it WOULD be nice to look like the best ME there is!

Old 07-17-2008, 03:17 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
What salon would you go to? Somewhere where I'd be pampered, but also somewhere laid back and friendly, where I could laugh and have a good time as well. I don't know where that place is around here. Although, if money were no object, I could afford to drive back to Cincinnati once a month to my old salon and hairdresser, who took care of me for 17 years and who I love dearly.

What plastic surgeon (if applicable) would you go to? What would you have done? I have no wish to undergo elective surgery; nor to I wish to disfigure my body. Maybe I'd have the big scar on my arm fixed up a bit; no anesthesia required.

What lifestyle changes would you make? I'd have regular manicures and pedicures, maybe waxing, too, instead of doing it myself. I'd join a fancier gym, maybe.

Dental work? Not a big dentist fan. I do what's necessary to stay healthy; nothing more.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:18 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
If money were no object:

I'd get my hair permanently straightened. I'd love to have long straight hair without flat ironing it.

I'd get a weekly massage.

Other than that I'm happy with what I've got.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:47 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times
Ok...Going to have fun with it..

What salon would you go to?:
-I would like to take a exoctic island detox/spa retreat just by myself and a hired body guard.

What plastic surgeon (if applicable) would you go to? What would you have done?:
- Reduction
- Laser Hair Removal
- Chemical Peel
- Upper lip injections

What lifestyle changes would you make?
- Order way too much stuff on the internet.(clothing/make-up/etc) just to try it on/out.
- Have multiple closets packed with stuff from neiman marcus
- Have a personal assistant/chef
- Have lap pool/sauna/hot tub (add to workout)
- House with own little salon/spa set up so stylists can come to me (hee hee)

Dental work?
- Well I have been putting off the |wisdom|teeth| ~ooch~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty