U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2008, 01:59 AM

27,996 posts, read 46,373,100 times

Advertisements

Perhaps it was because she had always wanted to do it. Or it could have been the fact that her college friends were road tripping from her university in Boston to Rhode Island to have it done.

ABC News: Old Skin and Tattoos: Unsightly Mix
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 07:14 AM

8,181 posts, read 16,160,994 times
Default No Way

I didn't even get mine until a couple years ago....it's stayin!!

I could go get some roses on my breasts and once I'm in a nursing home I'll have a hanging basket!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:32 AM

4,541 posts, read 9,498,501 times
This article didn't say anything to me that isn't already obvious:
Wait until you are older to get one (got my first at 38)
Put in a place that can be hidden (most people would never, ever think I had one - let alone a full back piece)
Plan it out - don't get one on impulse or with a group

I'll have to say the wrist tattoos that seem to have become very popular amongst young people who are still in college, may get tiresome covering with a watch band or makeup when they need to have it hidden in the work place later.

Many professionals have them - they just have them in places easy to hide when need be.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:41 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,149,373 times
My mother got her first tattoo not too long ago. It's a bear in Navy Whites - to mark her career in the Navy. It's on her ankle and visible only when she wears sandals.

My cousin (a hair stylist and amateur tatoo artist) had the Creation of Adam image done on her back to symbolize her faith. It took about a year and a half to get done.

Both are quite pleased with what they've got.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:38 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,208,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
I didn't even get mine until a couple years ago....it's stayin!!

I could go get some roses on my breasts and once I'm in a nursing home I'll have a hanging basket!
LOL @ hanging basket!
Mine is definitely staying too!

Old 07-24-2008, 01:05 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,108,704 times
Well, I'm guilty... I have one on my ankle that I ran out & got when I was 18. I'm 35 now & have wanted to get it lasered off forever. I have one on my lower back I got on my honeymoon & I'm fine with it. I like tattoos, just not the one I got when I was so young. It's kind of stupid to me now. If not lasered completely, I'm hoping to just it covered with something more meaningful to me at this point in my life.

Now my mom, at 62, got a tattoo just last year. It's 2 small hearts on her ankle with the names of my kids in them. That was the sweetest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty