U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:09 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,797,486 times

Advertisements

I think .. if you think you'd like it on you, then go for it!

You said you are all about what you like, and if you feel you've been doing a good good job so far, then keep at it. Individuality is good I would think, in the acting world.

One of the posters had a great idea .. if you have an agent, maybe ask him or her the same question? They would know better than us who don't have a clue what you look like. Ask your friends also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 01:08 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,319,158 times
Versatile is what sells in the acting world. I did that when I was younger. And trust me your agent is going to want to kill you if she send out all your old headshots to calls. And then you get a callback and show up looking nothing like your headshot.
Really a bad move. It also shows lack of communitcation and professionalism to the person that may of wanted to work with you for your prospective part.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:00 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,797,486 times
Oops! I think I may have given you some bad advice.

I'd listen to what pitt_transplant is saying. Sounds like great advice.

Old 07-30-2008, 02:34 PM

2,459 posts, read 4,669,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Versatile is what sells in the acting world. I did that when I was younger. And trust me your agent is going to want to kill you if she send out all your old headshots to calls. And then you get a callback and show up looking nothing like your headshot.
Really a bad move. It also shows lack of communitcation and professionalism to the person that may of wanted to work with you for your prospective part.

As a veteran actor, there is no way in the world i'd go out to auditionis not looking like my headshot. Obviously, new headshots are in order regardless of any appearance changes I make. That aspect is irrelevant in this decision as I will not be keeping my current look, the only question is, what is the new look going to be? Regardless of what it is going to be, i'll be getting new headshots.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:16 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,319,158 times
Ok...Then I am sure you have seen the freakout on others with this...lol

I think a lot of those euro type cuts look really nice but I dont know if its too high fashion for acting. Do you do commercials etc? Like how do you want to sculpt your impression from your look?

for shopping more looks:
Pictures of men's hairstyles and pictures of male haircuts

Men's Hairstyles & Related Articles

Old 07-30-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Ok...Then I am sure you have seen the freakout on others with this...lol

I think a lot of those euro type cuts look really nice but I dont know if its too high fashion for acting. Do you do commercials etc? Like how do you want to sculpt your impression from your look?

for shopping more looks:
Pictures of men's hairstyles and pictures of male haircuts

Men's Hairstyles & Related Articles
Oh yea, it's something thats been hammered into my head for some time now, lol.

I have not tapped into the commercial market yet but its an area i'm considering.

I actually like this one.
Male haircut with longer crown and clippered up back

At least with this one, I could always style it a different way and/or grow some facial hair to change looks. I do that with my current look at times and it would probably work with that style as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:22 PM

6,262 posts, read 16,959,107 times
I like that one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post

I actually like this one.
Male haircut with longer crown and clippered up back

At least with this one, I could always style it a different way and/or grow some facial hair to change looks. I do that with my current look at times and it would probably work with that style as well.

Old 07-30-2008, 04:27 PM

I'm about to head to work, may not get to this thread for a bit, just wanted to thank everyone for their input thus far.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:02 PM

355 posts, read 1,227,046 times
I like the hair. But then again, I've always liked longer hair and I never cared about the trends either. For an actor, aside from headshots, you hairstyle wont matter anyway. For roles they will either cut it or plop on a wig/extensions. If you like it, and it suits you well, whats the problem? I like the hair myself. If your hair is short, I'm assuming youre going to be growing it out. If you dont like it, no harm. You can always cut it off. Its much easier to experiment that way. At least you dont already have long hair and chop it off to find you hate a short do. But, you said you dislike your short hair. Dont let the CD forums make the final decision. Perhaps you will find a happy middle ground while its growing it. Good luck!!

Old 07-31-2008, 05:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,064 times
Default RE: woman, I need your opinions

I think you should be asking your agent before starting these.....
Thankss..

[URL="http://www.ovariancystsnomore.com/"] Ovarian Cysts No More [/URL]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or