Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 07:12 PM

1,747 posts, read 3,002,329 times

Advertisements

Always seems to happen when I'm in a mad rush, like when I only have 20 minutes to get from Gate Alpha to Gate Omega at the airport and I'm balancing 40 pounds of luggage. Oh, how I hate that! I can feel them making the downward slide, ending all bunched up in the arch and there's nothing I can do but suffer and keep moving!

I know, I know, it's probably some foot signal that it's time to buy new socks. But why oh why can't they tell me this when I'm NOT in a hurry?!? Would it be too much to ask that they send me the signal when I'm, I don't know, in the SOCK DEPARTMENT of the store, eh?

Pffft I should just go sockless. That'd show 'em!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 08:12 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,012,537 times
Hilarious........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Always seems to happen when I'm in a mad rush, like when I only have 20 minutes to get from Gate Alpha to Gate Omega at the airport and I'm balancing 40 pounds of luggage. Oh, how I hate that! I can feel them making the downward slide, ending all bunched up in the arch and there's nothing I can do but suffer and keep moving!

I know, I know, it's probably some foot signal that it's time to buy new socks. But why oh why can't they tell me this when I'm NOT in a hurry?!? Would it be too much to ask that they send me the signal when I'm, I don't know, in the SOCK DEPARTMENT of the store, eh?

Old 08-01-2008, 04:05 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,417,637 times
I feel your pain. I used to have the same problem. I solved it by moving to California and now I only wear socks with my running shoes. The rest just sit unloved in the dresser.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:28 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,118,472 times
Ahh... falling down socks. I haven't had that problem since I found the heavenly No-Show Socks.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:58 PM

410 posts, read 1,676,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post

sockless gets my vote...Sunny

Old 08-05-2008, 04:12 PM

I never heard of No-Show socks before. Yahoo'ing it has revealed a whole new world to me! I also found Shoe Liners at No-Nonsense, which apparently are the sole part of a stocking.

Still, I like the cushioned feel of real socks. Not too thick but not too thin, either. And although I love my "natural socks" (skin), they aren't practical for at home. We don't wear shoes in our house (heh that's a whole other topic!), but we like to have some cushion.

Old 08-05-2008, 07:27 PM

2,183 posts, read 7,970,749 times
Keds makes a no show cotton sock that is padded. That will give you the cushion that you like with the no falling. Target has carried them in the past as has Kohls or Mervyn's and possibly JC Penneys.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:31 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,600,896 times
just get ankle socks - they are already down there!

Old 08-07-2008, 06:42 PM

923 posts, read 3,081,586 times
Be thankful its not the undies falling down

Life is good !!!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkotb View Post
Be thankful its not the undies falling down

Life is good !!!!!
Best post of the day!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty