Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 03:16 PM

2,183 posts, read 7,973,101 times

Advertisements

I have always used Lancomes eye pencils with no trouble. But it seems now that I am in my fourties they don't go on as smoothly as they once did. I usually don't wear eye makeup as I lead a pretty althletic life and don't bother on a day to day basis but I am going to my nephews wedding in a couple weeks and will be wearing makeup and eye makeup. Can anyone recommend a good eyeliner/pencil that is easy to apply and goes on smoothly. Oh plus doesn't smudge or run!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 05:58 PM

845 posts, read 2,736,062 times
I really like MAC's eyeliners. When I wear it, it doesn't run even when I am exercising really hard. I wear the water proof one.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:56 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,264,358 times
Revlon ColorStay might be your best bet. Makeup Forever makes a waterproof eyeliner that you can buy at Sephora. I saw today in Lucky that makeup artist Jemima Kidd is launching a new line at Target. Maybe you might try one of those eyeliners. They looked kind of cool.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:52 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,408,898 times
I have been using Mary Kay now for approx. 1 1/2 years, and they stay put all day long...without smudging , running or smearing.
It's a retractable, never needs sharpening and glides on very smooth. It is soft enough, that it could be smudged for the "smokey eye" effect....if need be.
The only negative thing is, that they don't come in as many color choices, as I would like to have.
But, hey....you can't have everything. Right ?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksgator View Post
I really like MAC's eyeliners. When I wear it, it doesn't run even when I am exercising really hard. I wear the water proof one.
Thanks I will check it out!

Old 08-04-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Revlon ColorStay might be your best bet. Makeup Forever makes a waterproof eyeliner that you can buy at Sephora. I saw today in Lucky that makeup artist Jemima Kidd is launching a new line at Target. Maybe you might try one of those eyeliners. They looked kind of cool.
I am actually leaving for target shortly I will look for these. Thanks!

Old 08-04-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
I have been using Mary Kay now for approx. 1 1/2 years, and they stay put all day long...without smudging , running or smearing.
It's a retractable, never needs sharpening and glides on very smooth. It is soft enough, that it could be smudged for the "smokey eye" effect....if need be.
The only negative thing is, that they don't come in as many color choices, as I would like to have.
No dice here. I am extremely allergic to Mary Kay products. Thanks for the suggestion though

Old 08-04-2008, 10:14 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,408,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
No dice here. I am extremely allergic to Mary Kay products. Thanks for the suggestion though

You poor thing and I'm so sorry to hear that !

Quote:
However....keep looking and don't give up....just yet.
It takes trial and error, and sometimes years (unfortunately) to find the right product, which works well for you.
Just keep at it....and you shall seek and find.....LOL.
Good luck to you !

Old 08-04-2008, 01:28 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,169,300 times
If you dont want it to smear you should set it with a powder of the same color.
I think greasy type pencils work better on older eyes. Then set with powder.

And maybe you can keep what you have if you prep the area with a good eye moisturizer.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:21 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,254,503 times
I use a .99 liner from Walgreens- best thing ever! Black. It's right up there with Mac etc. Seriously!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty