Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do girls object guys with receding hairlines?
A real girl would accept a guy for who he is and date him. 17 65.38%
Most girls got it like that. They're way to stuck up on appearance. 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 12:05 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,856,478 times

Advertisements

Now I know a lot of young women are stuck up these days and they demand too much from guys. They see a guy with a receding hairline, they judge him.

Whats up with girls and appearance these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 12:58 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,741,606 times
Because a certain percent of women are vain, shallow and selfish. Of course, there are a certain percent of men who only like women who beautiful and stacked. Both sets deserve each other.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:16 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,621,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
Because a certain percent of women are vain, shallow and selfish. Of course, there are a certain percent of men who only like women who beautiful and stacked. Both sets deserve each other.
1 point for you. Oh heck, make it 10.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:20 PM

170 posts, read 891,414 times
Now I know a lot of young guys these days are stuck up and demand too much from women. They see a gal with a plump figure, they judge her.

What's up with boys and appearance these days?

The view from the other side.

Quite frankly the judging of appearance is a basic primal instinct. I suspect that the female of the species is willing to set aside initial "objections" if there is something more than a sour attitude and obvious dislike of women filling the air.

I haven't been around here long but has there been a day when the OP hasn't posted using the phrases "gold digger" or "stuck up"? Women smell that faster than it takes for them to judge whether or not your receding hair hairline indicates your level of potential health and the possibility of combining genetic material in the future.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:35 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,621,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokendolly View Post
I haven't been around here long but has there been a day when the OP hasn't posted using the phrases "gold digger" or "stuck up"?
You are right. It's become very apparent he has issues with women.

Last edited by Beth56; 08-09-2008 at 01:43 PM..

Old 08-09-2008, 01:47 PM

75 posts, read 377,811 times
It really is a two way street. A persons' physical features are the first thing anyone notices. But we shouldn't judge a book by its' cover. It's the same thing with some woman that won't date a guy if he doesn't drive at least a BMW. All they are looking for is status, an ego boost or arm/eye candy.
Some guys drool over Pam Anderson. Personally I think there are far more attractive woman than her in the world. Being extremely endowed doesn't make you beautiful. A bad personality negates the physical attributes every time.
Give me a woman in the 5 to 7 range (out of 10), who has a great personality, enjoys life and "cleans up real nice" when the formal or semi formal occasion arises.
All the folks hung up on looks are the ones that don't stay with their SO because they have changed as they aged.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:33 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,844,978 times
wclac, i'm noticing a pattern with your threads, and if i must say so it seems you've got a level of frustration in hitting it off with the ladies. i mean this in the most serious and helpful way: perhaps it's time to stop stewing in your own crap and make some changes to become more appealing. 'cause i'll tell you one thing, women can smell a lack of confidence in yourself a mile a way. its not just the thinning hair or an overgrown undercarriage, it's also how you go about it. a man's got to clean himself up sometimes, stand tall, and make the best of his assets. how you take care of yourself is a direct communication of how you see yourself, and therefore how you see yourself is what others see when they look at you.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:13 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,174,173 times
Remember the seinfeld episode...

"Shes BALD" coming from george....lol

Hair is connected with youth and virility. Girls like fresh meat.
Just like the boys do...

Dont even act like its not the same way.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:36 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,934,361 times
My hubby's hair has been receding since we met--it's not a "turn-off" to me!

Old 08-09-2008, 06:45 PM

61 posts, read 197,162 times
Most men are self conscious about it. I find that women find a confident, well groomed man to be desirable. If you take care of yourself, and aren't "apologizing" for hair loss, you're in. PS. Most men are very picky about women, I think they deserve the same privilege.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty