Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 08:34 PM

2,957 posts, read 12,726,774 times

Advertisements

I bumped into this website Bag Borrow or Stealâ„¢ - Borrow or Rent the Latest Authentic Designer Handbags Purses Sunglasses Jewelry and Accessories that actually rents designer accessories. Like handbags and sunglasses.

I can't believe there is actually a market for this? Would you rent a pair of sunglasses? Handbags so ridiculously expensive that you can't afford one--so you rent it for a week?

This is one of the craziest gimmicks I've ever heard of.
Ladies would you rent a handbag?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I had heard of this and found it humurous for those that are SO concerned about appearance that this would be a posibility. Its not something I could consider.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 PM

105 posts, read 302,543 times
I personally cannot be bothered with taking the time to rent a handbag, returning it, and renting another. I have a really pretty real Coach bag, that I have had for about a year now and love. I feel like if I just buy one nice new bag from time to time, than I'm all set!

That website was referenced in the Sex and the City movie. To me, it made the idea seem so glamorous, but in reality, it seems time consuming and not necessary.

Just my opinion .

Old 07-11-2008, 09:28 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
If I was spending that kind of money on a bag..Yeh..I want a trial run. I dont think its stupid at all. I think its rather neat.
Havent you ever bought a purse etc and you liked the way it looked as it was..but it just didnt function right,look good on you, or go with anything just right?

You do know thats what most celebs are doing when the walk down the carpet. None of that stuff is thiers. Especially the jewels.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:26 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,650 times
I would for my high school reunion. Pffffttt!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:51 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,726 times
What next?!! How about I rent some draws..pink ones with orange elephants all around em and a snap button for easy access!! WTH? Thats just ridiculous!!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:58 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
What if someone steals the rented handbag that is worth like 1200 bucks? I saw that you have to join the site which means they have your credit card so I am sure the handbag would be charged to your account at a used rate price! Not for me. I buy my handbags now from HSN or QVC. I buy within the price range of 80 to 150 and use their flex or easy pay plans. Most are a good buy!

Old 07-23-2008, 11:35 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
I would probably do this. I hate getting stuck with things I’ll only use a few times and I have a habit of loving things in the store and then hating them a week later. If I could rent it; carry it around for a while; see how functional it was BEFORE spending hundreds of dollars and then stuffing it in my closet.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:42 AM

13 posts, read 36,058 times
hello
how cheap idea is this , i wont prefer to take handbag on rent .

Old 07-24-2008, 09:18 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoins View Post
hello
how cheap idea is this , i wont prefer to take handbag on rent .
I don't know - for some reason it doesn't seem that bad to me. I bagged my Dad for a Gucci purse for my high school graduation - even picked out the one I wanted. Then when I got it I couldn't stand the damn thing because the strap was so short I couldn't put my arm down. Most of my purses settle right in my rib area so this was a shock to me - when I asked the people at the store they told me it was meant to be carried with your hand not on your shoulder - who the hell has time to hold their purse all day Needless to say I only bring it out when I'm going to church or some place where I know I won't get distracted and loosen my grip long enough for somebody to walk by and snatch it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty