U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-14-2008, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Western Mass
1,220 posts, read 2,631,376 times
Reputation: 822

Advertisements

I once worked for someone that banned flip=flop wearing in the office all together. It used to drive him insanely crazy to the point where some of the girls were making fun on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2008, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
1,105 posts, read 3,145,024 times
Reputation: 595
For those of you that were wondering earlier in this thread, people in Europe wear flip flops just as much as we do, and gasp, they also wear crocs. I was just there for 5 weeks and was wondering the same thing before I left, if it would be inappropriate to wear them in Europe but thank goodness, I blended right in. And I'm not just talking about on the beach.

I honestly don't stare at peoples feet and I certainly do have more important things to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2008, 08:39 PM
 
Location: Tampa
2,104 posts, read 2,167,029 times
Reputation: 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
I once worked for someone that banned flip=flop wearing in the office all together. It used to drive him insanely crazy to the point where some of the girls were making fun on him.
Well geez...did your boss also ban slides? They have a tendency to go SMACK, SMACK, SMACK, SMACK as well.

We aren't supposed to wear flip flops in my office; but, some of us wear metallic thong sandals or with sequins and/or other deco that make them appear dressier.

We're all still SMACKING around. Though our flip flop ban isn't due to noise, it's more of a dress code issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2008, 03:11 PM
 
1,818 posts, read 1,600,242 times
Reputation: 3368
I despise flip flops and open toed sandals for all the reasons previously mentioned. Espadrilles or huaraches (does anybody still wear those?) would be a more tasteful alternative. Unfortunately every kind of shoe I've ever worn without socks has cut my feet up and given me killer blisters, be it rubber, leather, or canvas, and I don't even understand how other people manage to wear them for any extended period of time. The only exception, loathe as I am to admit it, have been Crocs. I totally get the hatred for the 'classic' Croc style, but they really do come in some attractive alternative models now, at least for women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2008, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Western Mass
1,220 posts, read 2,631,376 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post
Well geez...did your boss also ban slides? They have a tendency to go SMACK, SMACK, SMACK, SMACK as well.

We aren't supposed to wear flip flops in my office; but, some of us wear metallic thong sandals or with sequins and/or other deco that make them appear dressier.

We're all still SMACKING around. Though our flip flop ban isn't due to noise, it's more of a dress code issue.
It was mostly the noise, but he despised flip flops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2008, 09:14 PM
 
3,588 posts, read 686,414 times
Reputation: 5064
Nope you name the color and I have a flip flop to match I pay to have pedicures I will wear flip flops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2008, 09:17 PM
 
2,724 posts, read 4,767,547 times
Reputation: 1325
No, it doesn't bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-16-2008, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Tampa
2,104 posts, read 2,167,029 times
Reputation: 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I despise flip flops and open toed sandals for all the reasons previously mentioned. Espadrilles or huaraches (does anybody still wear those?) would be a more tasteful alternative. Unfortunately every kind of shoe I've ever worn without socks has cut my feet up and given me killer blisters, be it rubber, leather, or canvas, and I don't even understand how other people manage to wear them for any extended period of time. The only exception, loathe as I am to admit it, have been Crocs. I totally get the hatred for the 'classic' Croc style, but they really do come in some attractive alternative models now, at least for women.
No espadrilles here, though I think some are just too cute! Last time I wore huaraches was in 1986.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 AM
 
Location: Where we enjoy all four seasons
20,506 posts, read 6,231,635 times
Reputation: 15688
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Nope you name the color and I have a flip flop to match I pay to have pedicures I will wear flip flops
Me too!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-17-2008, 08:46 AM
 
102 posts, read 236,597 times
Reputation: 27
FLIP-FLOP, the official sound of Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:06 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top