U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 06:41 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,435,417 times
I once worked for someone that banned flip=flop wearing in the office all together. It used to drive him insanely crazy to the point where some of the girls were making fun on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 07:38 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,965,861 times
For those of you that were wondering earlier in this thread, people in Europe wear flip flops just as much as we do, and gasp, they also wear crocs. I was just there for 5 weeks and was wondering the same thing before I left, if it would be inappropriate to wear them in Europe but thank goodness, I blended right in. And I'm not just talking about on the beach.

I honestly don't stare at peoples feet and I certainly do have more important things to worry about.

Old 09-14-2008, 07:39 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,999,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leilani Vasquez View Post
I once worked for someone that banned flip=flop wearing in the office all together. It used to drive him insanely crazy to the point where some of the girls were making fun on him.
Well geez...did your boss also ban slides? They have a tendency to go SMACK, SMACK, SMACK, SMACK as well.

We aren't supposed to wear flip flops in my office; but, some of us wear metallic thong sandals or with sequins and/or other deco that make them appear dressier.

We're all still SMACKING around. Though our flip flop ban isn't due to noise, it's more of a dress code issue.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:11 PM

1,787 posts, read 1,388,166 times
I despise flip flops and open toed sandals for all the reasons previously mentioned. Espadrilles or huaraches (does anybody still wear those?) would be a more tasteful alternative. Unfortunately every kind of shoe I've ever worn without socks has cut my feet up and given me killer blisters, be it rubber, leather, or canvas, and I don't even understand how other people manage to wear them for any extended period of time. The only exception, loathe as I am to admit it, have been Crocs. I totally get the hatred for the 'classic' Croc style, but they really do come in some attractive alternative models now, at least for women.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,435,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glastron_79 View Post
Well geez...did your boss also ban slides? They have a tendency to go SMACK, SMACK, SMACK, SMACK as well.

We aren't supposed to wear flip flops in my office; but, some of us wear metallic thong sandals or with sequins and/or other deco that make them appear dressier.

We're all still SMACKING around. Though our flip flop ban isn't due to noise, it's more of a dress code issue.
It was mostly the noise, but he despised flip flops.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 PM

3,588 posts, read 638,899 times
Nope you name the color and I have a flip flop to match I pay to have pedicures I will wear flip flops

Old 09-16-2008, 08:17 PM

2,719 posts, read 4,457,984 times
No, it doesn't bother me.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:20 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,999,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I despise flip flops and open toed sandals for all the reasons previously mentioned. Espadrilles or huaraches (does anybody still wear those?) would be a more tasteful alternative. Unfortunately every kind of shoe I've ever worn without socks has cut my feet up and given me killer blisters, be it rubber, leather, or canvas, and I don't even understand how other people manage to wear them for any extended period of time. The only exception, loathe as I am to admit it, have been Crocs. I totally get the hatred for the 'classic' Croc style, but they really do come in some attractive alternative models now, at least for women.
No espadrilles here, though I think some are just too cute! Last time I wore huaraches was in 1986.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:00 AM

20,336 posts, read 5,855,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
Nope you name the color and I have a flip flop to match I pay to have pedicures I will wear flip flops
Me too!!!!!!

Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 AM

102 posts, read 223,322 times
FLIP-FLOP, the official sound of Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty