Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:56 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times

Advertisements

I LOVE my Reef flip-flops! Maybe my feet aren't model-perfect, but I trim my toenails religiously. I use a foot scrub, and use a pumice stone twice a week.

I'll be sad when summer is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 08:54 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
I dont wear them. I only dont mind it. Everyone's feet are totally ugly unless you are under 10 or around 5 ft and never wore heels.

Tall girls have the legs
Short girls have the cute little feet

Let them have thier season.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:15 AM

21 posts, read 119,141 times
YIKES!!! If one were to look at today's fashion really, the flip-flops are a godsend compared to what most are wearing today! You should thank your lucky stars that the flip-flops took the attention away from the rest of the outfit! How about the overweight people who wear the stretch shirts with a little (or a lot) of belly hanging below it! How about the thong (different sort of course) that is slightly visible from within the bulging butt cheeks of a woman who obviously has no full length mirror available? The tiny jackets with no purpose at all except to make one wonder if mom hasn't done any laundry and has resorted to finding her daily wardrobe in her childs closet? Men and boys who walk around with one finger through a belt loop attempting to keep his britches up while graciously sharing with the public what kind of boxers he is wearing! I personally always wear flip-flops or sandals in the summer as it helps to keep me "cool". I guess I haven't thought about annoying my fellow citizens as most around me are wearing them too.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:22 AM

2,119 posts, read 3,712,512 times
I was never a flip flopper until moving to FL. They're just the perfect shoe to wear down here when not at work. I have dressy and casual styles. Nothing I can do about the smacking sound. I noticed some people's flip flops don't make any sound, but they tend to be slow walkers. I zip around when I walk so SMACK, SMACK, SMACK, SMACK...

Old 08-31-2008, 09:38 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Love wearing flip-flops! Even love checking out others flip-flops, there are some cute styles out now. Must be a FL thing. I have to agree with my Tampa area neighbor that posted above - "SMACK, SMACK, SMACK, SMACK..."

Old 08-31-2008, 10:50 AM

29 posts, read 180,222 times
Flip Flops FTW!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:13 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
I'm SMACK, SMACK, SMACKing along too.
I find that I worry about things like world hunger, war and disease - not what people do or do not wear.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:23 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,474,352 times
I vote flip flops are just annoying...especially that annoying sound they make plus people who drag their feet also so the sound is doubly annoying.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:28 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,992 times
From one of the previously quoted "flip flop capitals of the world". LOL! I live in Phoenix. I wear flip flops about every day. Not the little plastic beachy flat things. Nice leather ones with heels and wedges. I get a weekly pedicure.

IMHO Crocs are what should be banished to far ends of the universe for most horrific fashion statement for anyone over the age of 4 not wearing a Winnie the Pooh tshirt.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:11 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I really have more important things to do with my time and life than worry about what other people are wearing on their feet.
LOL.

What is the difference anyway between flip flops and any type of women's sandal that is open toed? They all make the noise when you walk whether they are flip flops or sandals. And what about open toed high heel shoes? Are those out too if your feet are not perfect enough for society?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I dont wear them. I only dont mind it. Everyone's feet are totally ugly unless you are under 10 or around 5 ft and never wore heels.

Tall girls have the legs
Short girls have the cute little feet
I don't believe everyone's feet are ugly unless their under 10 or 5 ft. tall Although I will agree everyone under 10 does have cute feet.

I'm tall and my feet are cute dammit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty