Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2010, 04:54 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,825,735 times

Advertisements

You are aware that aberrant behaviour is another one of those things that depends on the person, right? For instance, I'd find a guy in khakis and a nice pressed polo more suspicious than a bro with a mohawk and 1" earlobes. You, Tightwad, would find it to be the opposite. Why? Because our ideas of aberrant aren't the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2010, 04:57 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
It is a known fact that humans form an opinion of a person in the first 10 seconds they see them. That is why any form of Aberrant behavior is unwelcome. You can do a lot of things in your life but overcoming human instinct isn't one of them.
But it's possible NOT to judge in that way. And.. any form of aberrant behavior? It'd be pretty hard to try to be (or appear) as normal as possible so that people don't immediately have an instant negative opinion of you as a person. Especially since there are so many, many definitions of "normal".

What seems to not be understood here is that we don't want everyone to LIKE our tattoos. We just think it's unfair for people to think we are bad people because of them. And understand that WE like them and THAT is the most important.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:12 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Non tattooed people really like to get worked up about those who have tattoos.....not sure why anyone cares so much about what someone else does to their body.
There are lots of things I see every day that people do to their bodies that I would prefer not to see....and it has nothing to do with tattoos or piercings!
Very good point. What about all the gluttony out there? Or the Drug addicts? Or the Alcoholics? Tattoos are mild comparably.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
You are aware that aberrant behaviour is another one of those things that depends on the person, right? For instance, I'd find a guy in khakis and a nice pressed polo more suspicious than a bro with a mohawk and 1" earlobes. You, Tightwad, would find it to be the opposite. Why? Because our ideas of aberrant aren't the same.
Wasn't Ted Bundy a guy who wore "nice clothing" and looked "clean cut"? I don't think he had any tattoos either. Same for Juran Van Der Sloot!

Old 06-11-2010, 05:15 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
Wasn't Ted Bundy a guy who wore "nice clothing" and looked "clean cut"?
OMG, I was just getting ready to say that!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
OMG, I was just getting ready to say that!!!!!!
I remembered Juran Van Der Sloot but wasn't too sure of the spelling before I added him! You're too fast for me!

Old 06-11-2010, 05:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
I remembered Juran Van Der Sloot but wasn't too sure of the spelling before I added him! You're too fast for me!
Proof positive that one cannot judge another based on external appearances.
I have always been of the opinion that only the shallowest people judge others based on external appearance.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:14 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
I'm not "implying" anything. I saying that tattoo's are tribal no matter who wears them.

"Reconnection with tribal cultures In contrast with the earlier tattoo tradition associated with the military, prisoners, and biker groups, which disavowed any connection with the "primitive," many of the new tattoo enthusiasts saw themselves as "modern primitives", embracing an art form that had been regarded in the West as a sign of barbarism."
Clothing originated during tribal times in human history.

So did necklaces, earrings, rings, most jewelry in fact.

Language originated in tribal times

Music originated in tribal times

I dare to venture that you engage in some tribal behavior as well

Old 06-13-2010, 06:07 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default Still Hideous, Still Disgusting

If people with those things feel "beautiful", they need to get some serious professional help. How can anyone live with them, anyway? Imagine how expensive it is to get those things removed. Ouch.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:00 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
The people that have vandalized their bodies with tattoo's or other "modifications" are the last to know that it's primitive and barbaric to do so. Heck, most of these sad souls ain't seen the ball since the kick off!

"Help" is nowhere on their agenda.
Lets see for a minute.

Do you think that the very first people were tattooed or untattooed?

I think the very first people didn't have tattoos and the technology needed to tattoo didn't come around until later.

So, in actuality, not having a tattoo is more primitive than having one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty