Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:43 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,588 times

Advertisements

I personally agree with the idea that big can be beautiful. Unfortunatly there are some who are of a certain size who don't agree with this and have not come to terms with their actual size.

Hense the denial when wearing items too small.I pray one day people can just be themselves without worrying about what other people think of them.

Either way, they aren't hurting you, turn your head and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
Do these girls not have a mirror or a friend to tell them they look awful? I see women from the ages of teen and up wearing clothing, usually tops, that are just too tight on their gut.

This look makes them seem either as big as they are or even bigger.

As a 28 year old woman, I would think that most other women would rather wear something that is the proper size AND flattering.

Last night, at a movie and then for drinks afterwards, I saw gals wearing tops that did not fit. People were able to see the indent of a belly button, the back straps of a bra and the skin that was trying to escape. I just dont get it. Not to mention the muffin top that is peeking out over a gal's hips.

Perhaps it is because I am in San Antonio...

I do know that the young and educated and well employed girls that I know would never dress that way.

Could it be socio-economic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 10:00 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Don't you guys know the rule??? The biggest people ALWAYS wear the smallest/tightest fitting clothes!

Old 10-06-2008, 10:14 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Big can be very beautiful, but big spilling out all over the place is not. Now I realize that some people find this look desirable, ok, real cool for you, high-five, whatever - seeing a Lycra top suck into every crevice with it rolling up the belly to match your camel toe down south is absolute visual pollution. I don't know if it's called socio-economic or what, I tend to think in simpler terms of please-take-that-crap-off.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:42 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
As a thicker gal here, I always dress appropriately, I'm in shape but curvy and there is no way you'll catch me wearing something that shows my faults LOL I flatter what I have that's good and cover what's not. It grosses ME out to see a woman or young girl wearing disgustingly tight pants with their big belly hanging over it, gross!
There are plenty of clothing stores nowadays that cater to a full figured woman.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:58 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
In defense of all you bigger gals who know how to dress and look great - there are a lot of skanky looking skinny girls out there too who could use a wardrobe makeover.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:51 PM

337 posts, read 1,431,805 times
HAS to agree with earlier post.....Just because you CAN wear disgustingly tight clothes does not mean you SHOULD wear disgustingly tight clothes.....no matter what your size! And this goes for MALES as well as females!

Lived in San Antonio myself until just recently and have seen the same people the original poster has seen! (Have hidden my eyes on occasion at SeaWorld because I simply did not want to see all that was hanging outside of the "bikini" or "speedo"!)

Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM

5,979 posts, read 19,898,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Big can be very beautiful, but big spilling out all over the place is not. Now I realize that some people find this look desirable, ok, real cool for you, high-five, whatever - seeing a Lycra top suck into every crevice with it rolling up the belly to match your camel toe down south is absolute visual pollution. I don't know if it's called socio-economic or what, I tend to think in simpler terms of please-take-that-crap-off.
Camel toes are the absolute worst! It just draws attention whether you want to look or not!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
When I was fat, I definitely wore oversize stuff to hide my fat. After I became slim, I wear a few tight outfits to show off how trim, slim , and athletic I am! Tight stuff should only be worn by fit slim people to look good!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:18 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
In defense of all you bigger gals who know how to dress and look great - there are a lot of skanky looking skinny girls out there too who could use a wardrobe makeover.
Yes...skinny skanks with cellulite...
Yuck

Skinny cellulite looks worse that fat cellulite.
Whats the deal with that?!

Its like it almost looks more pronounced or something.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:38 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
for women its not about how you look its about how you feel. if you are a 300 lb blimp in spandex its ok as long as you feel sexy.
for guys they just dont care how they feel or look its all about meeting basic needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty