U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 02:56 PM

1,935 posts, read 2,178,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher33 View Post
aw that's so nice deckdoc. but i said you had to spend it on yourself!! haha
then I guess I'll haveta burn the rest~ my entire wardrobe comes ta under that $1000 figure~ but I guess I can get me some more running shoes~ that's the most expensive thing I own!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 04:15 PM

20 posts, read 39,343 times
Hmm...
A couple pairs of boots ($150)
A pair of moccasins ($40)
2 pairs of $100 jeans (pair of Seven for All Mankind and a pair of Lucky Brand)($200)
Some black jeans ($50)
Plaid shirt ($35)
A jersey dress from American Apparel ($50)
Some black and grey tops, since I seem to own none of either ( $100)
Some cardigans ($100)
Some new running shoes ($100)
and then i'd have $175 to spend on whatever else...
Haha. I've thought about this way too much.

Old 10-11-2008, 05:39 PM

1,294 posts, read 4,827,046 times
these have been so much fun to read. seems like designer jeans, bags, and shoes are hot items.

haaziq - you're right, i looked up those jeans and that would pretty much do it!! i thought 7 jeans were expensive. on a side note, i was in nordstrom this week and there was a famous tshirt shredder in there doing tshirt designs from ed hardy. adam saaks. so people w/ their $180+ tshirts would let this guy rip them up for them! it was fun to watch but all i could think was why in the world?! he was definitely talented. there was a big crowd watching. here's a photo of him i found on the internet and that's the same design i saw him do.

it's so funny that there are complete opposites on this thread. i wish i could be simpler! tkramer - i'll take your extra $$ and anyone else who won't use theirs, please send my way!

coldwine and pennquaker, so a cheap ralph lauren skirt and a coat are both over a $1000? i think i'm going to need to see photos of these items, haha!

doulamama - sad, i've never heard of black halo but wowza, you're right, you could go to the grammie's w/ rd jr in that outfit. they have some cute dresses (that i could never pull of) but maybe a top (but i would need more pretend money)!

catrinac - ummm,

what more can i say?? those shoes say it ALL. so cute!!!!

yo vanilla, i agree. it would go fast!

there ya go deckdoc, spend that money on you! running shoes are a good purchase. that's why i put that you had to spend it b/c my mom is the same exact way. she would spend $150 and then put the rest in the bank or something. while that's smart for your own money, this is pretend money... haha!

wow peace - you must have a list over there you keep handy! that's quite a list of good buys under $1000!

i'm learning so much from this thread, brands i never knew and how slow or fast $1000 can go!

pretend money is pretty cool - sigh. haha!

thanks for playing along!

Old 10-11-2008, 06:19 PM

1,652 posts, read 4,959,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovestars View Post
Hmm...
A couple pairs of boots ($150)
A pair of moccasins ($40)
2 pairs of $100 jeans (pair of Seven for All Mankind and a pair of Lucky Brand)($200)
Some black jeans ($50)
Plaid shirt ($35)
A jersey dress from American Apparel ($50)
Some black and grey tops, since I seem to own none of either ( $100)
Some cardigans ($100)
Some new running shoes ($100)
and then i'd have $175 to spend on whatever else...
Haha. I've thought about this way too much.
One pair of Sevens will run almost $200 and I think Lucky Brand jeans start at about $118.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:21 PM

1,652 posts, read 4,959,085 times
I need a new peacoat and I really like this one, so I think I'm going to get it.

RalphLauren.com - Men: Outerwear: Wool Modern Pea Coat

Old 10-11-2008, 08:24 PM

wow, seriously?! well it will definitely be an investment piece (to me anyway!). i thought the one i liked from jcrew was expensive at $250!! love your coat!

p.s. maybe she will buy her jeans from ebay or something, but you're right, they are more expensive than that. i bought a pair of basic 7s yesterday for $160.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:21 PM

348 posts, read 601,782 times
about 400 hanes t-shirts from walmart, 4 pairs of reef flip flops and a few pairs of khakis from old navy

Old 10-11-2008, 09:33 PM

you sure you won't splurge for old navy tshirts? haha. just kidding. love that list!

Old 10-11-2008, 09:35 PM

8,524 posts, read 8,322,094 times
1 blue blazer
3 pairs of wool blend trousers(grey,blue,baige)
5 dress shirts ( 3 white, 1 powder blue, 1 ecru/light yellow)
5 neck ties
2 pars a khackies
2 casul knit(short sleve)/botton down shirt (long sleve) shirts
1 pair of loafers
1 pair of lace ups
5 pairs of socks/underware/ white tee-shirts
1 bottle of nice cologne
2 belts
1 finger nail clipper

Quote:
Let's spend pretend money...here are the rules:
1) you have to spend it on yourself!
2) you have to spend it all!
3) no tax, you get the whole $1000!

Here's what I would splurge on
1) Gucci princy medium tote $785 (i know! the $$ is almost gone already!)
2) Jcrew coat $160 - in orange
3) $55 on ??? some flats on sale or a necklace.

Oh I wish I had given us more money!!

Old 10-12-2008, 12:55 AM

132 posts, read 270,040 times
Default style feeder.com

Quote:
these have been so much fun to read. seems like designer jeans, bags, and shoes are hot items.

haaziq - you're right, i looked up those jeans and that would pretty much do it!! i thought 7 jeans were expensive. on a side note, i was in nordstrom this week and there was a famous tshirt shredder in there doing tshirt designs from ed hardy. adam saaks. so people w/ their $180+ tshirts would let this guy rip them up for them! it was fun to watch but all i could think was why in the world?! he was definitely talented. there was a big crowd watching. here's a photo of him i found on the internet and that's the same design i saw him do.

it's so funny that there are complete opposites on this thread. i wish i could be simpler! tkramer - i'll take your extra $$ and anyone else who won't use theirs, please send my way!

coldwine and pennquaker, so a cheap ralph lauren skirt and a coat are both over a $1000? i think i'm going to need to see photos of these items, haha!

doulamama - sad, i've never heard of black halo but wowza, you're right, you could go to the grammie's w/ rd jr in that outfit. they have some cute dresses (that i could never pull of) but maybe a top (but i would need more pretend money)!

catrinac - ummm,

what more can i say?? those shoes say it ALL. so cute!!!!

yo vanilla, i agree. it would go fast!

there ya go deckdoc, spend that money on you! running shoes are a good purchase. that's why i put that you had to spend it b/c my mom is the same exact way. she would spend $150 and then put the rest in the bank or something. while that's smart for your own money, this is pretend money... haha!

wow peace - you must have a list over there you keep handy! that's quite a list of good buys under $1000!

i'm learning so much from this thread, brands i never knew and how slow or fast $1000 can go!

pretend money is pretty cool - sigh. haha!

thanks for playing along!
Style feeder.com is where I first found out about the Black Halo line.. they got some cuteeee stuff! And alot of it isnt too overly priced AND can go along with the other designer stuff pretty well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty