Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 PM

806 posts, read 2,959,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Here goes my $1000

D & G sunglasses (200)
Rock and Republic Jeans (300)
True Religion Jeans (300)
Ed Hardy Hoody (150)
Afflictoin T-Shirt (50)

Can I have more money? I can think of more stuff that I want
Eh, this seems like a waste of money to me. I understand dropping 300-1200 on suit pants but ugly jeans, many of which have holes? No way, it makes you poor--trying to look wealthy-- I hope you're in college, right? Affliction and Ed Hardy are dominated by muscle men who step out of their trailer parks in style. D & G sunglasses, OK, not so bad, but are they polarized or designed for fishing like Costa Del Mar, Ray Bans, etc.?

Fashion to me:

Armani, Robert Graham, dressy Burberry, Loro Piana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,490,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Eh, this seems like a waste of money to me. I understand dropping 300-1200 on suit pants but ugly jeans, many of which have holes? No way, it makes you poor--trying to look wealthy-- I hope you're in college, right? Affliction and Ed Hardy are dominated by muscle men who step out of their trailer parks in style. D & G sunglasses, OK, not so bad, but are they polarized or designed for fishing like Costa Del Mar, Ray Bans, etc.?

Fashion to me:

Armani, Robert Graham, dressy Burberry, Loro Piana.
If it is a waste of money to you then do not buy the stuff that I mentioned

Rock and Republic and True Religion jeans are ugly? I love them and a lot of other people have mentioned them as desires too

I am not trying to look wealthy, I am wealthy

Affliction and Ed Hardy are dominated by muscle men? I am a muscle man. I am 6'2 210 with 8% body fat. What is your point?

Burberry? Are you 50 yrs old?

Dont judge my fashion style because I will come right back at you

I just saw your location (state) and you are trying to tell me about fashion? That is laughable

Old 04-04-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
If it is a waste of money to you then do not buy the stuff that I mentioned

Rock and Republic and True Religion jeans are ugly? I love them and a lot of other people have mentioned them as desires too

I am not trying to look wealthy, I am wealthy

Affliction and Ed Hardy are dominated by muscle men? I am a muscle man. I am 6'2 210 with 8% body fat

Burberry? Are you 50 yrs old?

Dont judge my fashion style because I will come right back at you
You really came back at me all right!

Yes, R&R and TR are very ugly jeans. Yes, the material is quality, but the style is not. It makes you look homosexual. Why anyone would desire these things are beyond me. Guido.

Sure, you may have some money in the bank, but anyone who dresses like that in public who isn't in college or high school has a problem. I doubt you're independently wealthy-- so image should be more important. Show some class.

Oh my, those tight sleeves on your Affliction/Ed Hardy tee shirt really show off them muscles! However, I bet you avoid all confrontation and fights? How many fights have you gotten into in your life? I mean, why are you telling me these specifics anyway?

Burberry, 50 years old? No. I'm 26, these brands have at least some classic element to them. A bunch of kids in prep schools and such wear the brand as well.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:

I just saw your location (state) and you are trying to tell me about fashion? That is laughable
Hah, divert the attention away by cracking a joke on my location? Last minute edit? At least people here don't dress like this:

More like this:

Old 04-04-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
You really came back at me all right!

Yes, R&R and TR are very ugly jeans. Yes, the material is quality, but the style is not. It makes you look homosexual. Why anyone would desire these things are beyond me. Guido.

Sure, you may have some money in the bank, but anyone who dresses like that in public who isn't in college or high school has a problem. I doubt you're independently wealthy-- so image should be more important. Show some class.

Oh my, those tight sleeves on your Affliction/Ed Hardy tee shirt really show off them muscles! However, I bet you avoid all confrontation and fights? How many fights have you gotten into in your life? I mean, why are you telling me these specifics anyway?

Burberry, 50 years old? No. I'm 26, these brands have at least some classic element to them. A bunch of kids in prep schools and such wear the brand as well.
If you think that R & R and True Religion jeans are ugly then do not buy them. You are entitled to your opinion. However, I am entitled to mine as well and I like them. FYI, I do not buy jeans with holes in them and I do not buy jeans with writing all over them

FYI, I am 25 and I just completed my MBA. If I am independently or dependently wealthy..... is that your business?

And you think that I avoid confrontations and fights? I VERY, VERY rarely get into fights. Do you know why? Because I respect other people, friendly and I do not run my mouth and put down other people because of their opinion, which is exactly what you did to me.

I told you my height, weight, body fat, etc to make you feel how stupid your sterotypes sound. Everyone that wears Ed Hardy and Affliction is muscleheads?

Yes, Burberry is for old people. My father just bought a new watch from their and he is 64 yrs old. My brother in law just went on a shopping spree there and he is 47. Try not to dress like your father

Again, you are trying to give me advice.... look at your location, which explains everything

Old 04-04-2009, 11:40 PM

I love the first pic with the Ed Hardy tshirts.

The second pic SCREAMS SOUTHERN. But, then again you are from Louisiana so that confirms what I already believed. And look at the guys hair. LOL

Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
If you think that R & R and True Religion jeans are ugly then do not buy them. You are entitled to your opinion. However, I am entitled to mine as well and I like them. FYI, I do not buy jeans with holes in them and I do not buy jeans with writing all over them

FYI, I am 25 and I just completed my MBA. If I am independently or dependently wealthy..... is that your business?

And you think that I avoid confrontations and fights? I VERY, VERY rarely get into fights. Do you know why? Because I respect other people, friendly and I do not run my mouth and put down other people because of their opinion, which is exactly what you did to me.

I told you my height, weight, body fat, etc to make you feel how stupid your sterotypes sound. Everyone that wears Ed Hardy and Affliction is muscleheads?

Yes, Burberry is for old people. My father just bought a new watch from their and he is 64 yrs old. My brother in law just went on a shopping spree there and he is 47. Try not to dress like your father

Again, you are trying to give me advice.... look at your location, which explains everything
Why do you keep going back to my location as if though it has anything to do with what we are talking about? You expect me to bale some hay and pick some cotton or something?

If you don't buy the jeans with the holes or rhinestones-- then you're buying the pocket design. I hope the pocket design is cool enough to warrant you spending that kind of cash.

You got an MBA like millions of other Americans? OK? I see you're in Sales, which is pretty bottom tier. I pray that you don't wear this stuff on the job.

You don't get into fights, fine. And I agree I shouldn't had started ****. I could had thought of better responses to really blow me out of the water, however.

You then try to use the association of your father purchases to associate with me. I can tell you plenty of people my age, younger and older that purchase things from nice retailers, including Burberry and don't work in Sales.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
And look at the guys hair. LOL
And looks at those guys hair in the Ed Hardy picture I provided. Just terrible.

Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Why do you keep going back to my location as if though it has anything to do with what we are talking about? You expect me to bale some hay and pick some cotton or something?

If you don't buy the jeans with the holes or rhinestones-- then you're buying the pocket design. I hope the pocket design is cool enough to warrant you spending that kind of cash.

You got an MBA like millions of other Americans? OK? I see you're in Sales, which is pretty bottom tier. I pray that you don't wear this stuff on the job.

You don't get into fights, fine. And I agree I shouldn't had started ****. I could had thought of better responses to really blow me out of the water, however.

You then try to use the association of your father purchases to associate with me. I can tell you plenty of people my age, younger and older that purchase things from nice retailers, including Burberry and don't work in Sales.
The reason why I keep bringing up your location is because I know the way people in the deep south dress and it is exactly like the second picture that you posted.

Do you honestly think that I would show up to my sales job in a ed hardy tshirt and a designer pair of jeans? If i did that or if anyone does then they deserve to be fired on the spot. I wear a suit

Trust me when I tell you this. The target market of Burberry is men 35-55

Last edited by NYC1DAY; 04-05-2009 at 12:21 AM..

Old 04-05-2009, 12:02 AM

Quote:
And looks at those guys hair in the Ed Hardy picture I provided. Just terrible.
I wear my hair spiked. It looks a lot better than the deep southern look that you will find in Baton Rouge LA.

Please, dont dress or wear your hair like that when you visit miami, la, sf, nyc, boston, chicago, philly, etc. You will stick out big time there. That style will only fly in the DEEP SOUTH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty