Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2008, 12:40 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times

Advertisements

I have been wearing low rise jeans throughout my 30s and in the last few years have worn low rise skinny jeans. I am very petite with a small waist and felt for a long time that this style of jeans was it for me. I'm gonna be 38 next week and am wondering, should I try mid rise or high rises instead? I have the smallest pooch, nothing noticeable-- a kind of hour glass shape that hasn't been to the gym in a while

What do you guys think?

What style jeans are you currently wearing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 10:32 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
Wear what feels right and LOOKS right on you--as long as your "pooch" isn't sticking out of your shirt, or hanging over your pants, you're fine! NO HIGH RISE--that just will accentuate any tummy you have!
I'm 53 and wear mid-to-low rise jeans. Sometimes boot cut, some with a small flare, some skinny! Depends on the shirt and shoes! My favorites are a low-rise dark wash boot cut--looks great with heels!
You can do newer styles and long as you keep the outfit age appropriate--no sequins on the pockets....(too young), etc...!

Old 10-11-2008, 01:21 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,824 times
First question is what is it you don't like about your jeans anymore? You sound a bit like my wife; she's as small as they come. So in your case I'd probably stick with a skinny jean, or at least a thin leg, low rise or maybe mid but not high. Too baggy/wide on skinny girl like you makes you look thin; not in a good way and with a flat butt.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Get some spanx and try all different types!(holds in the tum)

I like low rise and ultra low rise.
Dont get the ultra low rise without trying them on. Some people it makes for a spill out that looks bad. I have a really short rise naturally so it works for me.

Check out levi's site and you can get a visual on where the different cuts will sit on your body.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:45 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Get some spanx and try all different types!(holds in the tum)

I like low rise and ultra low rise.
Dont get the ultra low rise without trying them on. Some people it makes for a spill out that looks bad. I have a really short rise naturally so it works for me.

Check out levi's site and you can get a visual on where the different cuts will sit on your body.

When the low rise jeans came out I really fought them but after a few years I will never go back to high rise again. I tried an old high rise and looked horrible in them. The ultra low rise I have but do not wear since after a few hours they start falling down. I get the same size as my low rise but I really have a problem with the ultra low rise. Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM

Do you fit in a smaller size ultra-low rise?
Are they levi's ultra-low rise?
Levis has the butt cut up a little higher to prevent this.
Do some donkey kicks to make your butt lift up. It stays up better and you avoid pancake bum.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Do you fit in a smaller size ultra-low rise?
Are they levi's ultra-low rise?
Levis has the butt cut up a little higher to prevent this.
Do some donkey kicks to make your butt lift up. It stays up better and you avoid pancake bum.

I wear gap jeans all the others are to big for me I don't know why but Gap fits the best. I was going to get a smaller size in the ultra-low rise but since I love the low rise I am not going to switch to the ultra. I will just give the two I got away to a friend. I will do the donkey kicks though.lol

Old 10-13-2008, 02:51 PM

I think levi's are smaller?

Have you tried those?

Old 10-13-2008, 03:23 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
I wear the low (not the show your ass low) rise to the mid rise.
The high rise is for old people and the elastic waist, yuck. Those jeans are for women that have roadmaps on there faces.
Doesn't matter the age or body type, don't go for the high rise where the waist meets your boobs.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I think levi's are smaller?

Have you tried those?
I tried them a few years ago and they didn't fit right. they fit fine except the thigh area was to big. I have a hard time because I am small boned and on the thin side. I will try levi's again though since you say they are smaller. That would also help the budget.
Has anyone tried "not your daughters jeans" I got a few of those also since I was looking for black and I had to return them for a smaller size.On Nordstrms web site the makers of those jesns say order a size bigger for comfort. I did and had to get the smaller size but I finally have a few pair of Black jeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty