U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,589,357 times

Advertisements

Apple Shape

here's some common characteristics of the lovely shaped apple. You tend to have a softer fuller middle, with full shapely breast. Your have broader shoulders and upper arms with an undefined waist. You will have thinner hips and thighs and a flatter rear end than most.

Pear Shape

Typically women with pear shaped bodies have a slender face and neck. Shoulders are shapely but also narrow and slope downward. Small to medium bust and a well defined waist. While the lower area- buttocks, hips, thighs and calves are comparatively larger holding most of the weight.

Potato shape

Pretty much round all over with very little definition.

Peanut

These women are very tall yet well proportioned, with well-defined waists and fairly flat tummies

I'm going somewhere with this thread so for those of you who dont' want to say , don't fret, I'll get to my point anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 AM

2,745 posts, read 12,868,824 times
peanut here...

Old 10-15-2008, 12:21 PM

Well let's see,,,,based on the photo I took last night I'm a cross between an peanut and a pear. The girls are full and shapely but then the my mid-section is fuller. My thighs,hips,thighs, buttocks aren't exactly the same as the girl (proportion wise) but they aren't as full or wide s my stomach.

Weird.....

Anyway I'll be back with more helpful info, scardy cats !

*wink*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
Apple Shape

here's some common characteristics of the lovely shaped apple. You tend to have a softer fuller middle, with full shapely breast. Your have broader shoulders and upper arms with an undefined waist. You will have thinner hips and thighs and a flatter rear end than most.

Pear Shape

Typically women with pear shaped bodies have a slender face and neck. Shoulders are shapely but also narrow and slope downward. Small to medium bust and a well defined waist. While the lower area- buttocks, hips, thighs and calves are comparatively larger holding most of the weight.

Potato shape

Pretty much round all over with very little definition.

Peanut

These women are very tall yet well proportioned, with well-defined waists and fairly flat tummies

I'm going somewhere with this thread so for those of you who dont' want to say , don't fret, I'll get to my point anyway.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:54 PM

Default Embrace your curves.

[SIZE=3]Pears[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3] When it comes to tops you can get away with both loose (slitghtly loose) tops and tight form fitting tops and it won’t negatively effect the balance pertaining to your lower half. Do you like prints? I’m not talking about those humongous-not-so-flattering-to-the -“extra”-curvage-prints a lot of pus size retailers have convinced themselves that we like, I’m talking half a finger in length sized prints. Think about it, when you wear big prints the eye is trained to look your body as big, whereas smaller prints say “small”. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Of course I’m not suggesting that small prints will make a 24 look like a 2, they do however convince the eye that the image is smaller than it is, this helps with proportion.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]More to come[/SIZE]

Old 10-15-2008, 07:18 PM

3,567 posts, read 7,525,186 times
Pretzel. I have no curves

I guess peanut. Few if any curves, I'm very tall and have very little body fat.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:41 PM

5,065 posts, read 13,298,651 times
You don't have to be plus-sized to be one of those, it's just heredity. My family is all apple-shaped. (and not plus-sized) A good friend once told me that she was pear-shaped because she was Italian, which Italians tend to be. (according to her) Truly, if you look at body shapes, even the thinnest often have larger middles, or wider hips and thighs. Of course if they are plus-sized, they will just be bigger apples or pears, lol.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:44 PM

7,269 posts, read 16,869,868 times
I guess I'm more like a peanut. I'm proportioned but the difference is, I don't have a flat tummy. Not quite there yet.

I've heard of graham cracker shapes too on the nutrisystem forum a couple of years back. I never found out what shape that was but it was cute.
I was thinking square shaped with no T & A ???

Old 10-17-2008, 10:29 AM

Back to the Plus Sized divas
Keep focused ladies..................

Old 10-17-2008, 10:56 AM

The fashion issue is balance. Those of us who have this type of figure struggle with how find ways that will compliment our figures, not cover them up.

Try tops that allow you to wrap around your midsection

this type of shirt will give you the room you need around you mid-section (subtly creating a little waist) , without taking away from the accentuating you want around your breast area (notice the v-neck? )

Topping it off with slightly above the knee-length skirt for more of a visual effect or (if you aren't happy with your legs) try a boot cut or flared legged pant (this is especially good for the petite plus size woman, IMO)

whatever your choice

if your booty-less....make sure there are pockets (the kind with the flaps) on the back.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:27 PM

103 posts, read 237,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
The fashion issue is balance. Those of us who have this type of figure struggle with how find ways that will compliment our figures, not cover them up.

Try tops that allow you to wrap around your midsection

this type of shirt will give you the room you need around you mid-section (subtly creating a little waist) , without taking away from the accentuating you want around your breast area (notice the v-neck? )

Topping it off with slightly above the knee-length skirt for more of a visual effect or (if you aren't happy with your legs) try a boot cut or flared legged pant (this is especially good for the petite plus size woman, IMO)

whatever your choice

if your booty-less....make sure there are pockets (the kind with the flaps) on the back.
Petite plus size...that would be me. I do love the shirt. My problem is that when I find something that I can button across my chest, it's too big somewhere else...especially sleeves. Everything I buy needs to be altered and that's not cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty