Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,670,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlFromJersey View Post
Both my previous and current pair of glasses were/are black frames. I got a lot of compliments on them and I've been wearing glasses for over a decade. My last pair were black plastic from Wal-mart and these are my current ones.
I almost bought that same pair but went with another similar pair of Dolce's. Looking back I almost wish I went with the ones you have. The only thing I prefer with mine is that the D&G are gold. You have great taste!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 02:51 PM

67 posts, read 304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I almost bought that same pair but went with another similar pair of Dolce's. Looking back I almost wish I went with the ones you have. The only thing I prefer with mine is that the D&G are gold. You have great taste!
Aww, thanks. I love them to death, but those damned crystals keep falling off!

Old 06-24-2009, 04:55 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,425,383 times
Big, thick, cateye glasses on females....doesnt get any hotter than that.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:34 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,039,198 times
I don't like how everyone is following the Ray Ban trend. I know they've been out since FOREVER, but every since Beyonce, Kanye West, and a few other entertainers have been wearing them a lot lately, they've become quite 'chic'....They remind me of glasses we used to wear in elementary school..

http://www.designersunglassesdepot.com/images/ray-ban/0RB4105_601.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-24-2009, 07:17 PM

412 posts, read 1,747,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Big, thick, cateye glasses on females....doesnt get any hotter than that.
I think they are flattering.

Old 06-24-2009, 07:18 PM

412 posts, read 1,747,788 times
Geek Chic

Old 06-24-2009, 07:26 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,770,127 times
LOL...I've had my thick-rimmed black glasses since high school. No one ever made fun of me or anything but in a setting where everyone wore contacts if they could, people always questioned why I had glasses. I had contacts in the 4th grade but when I hit high school I switched back to glasses. For some reason I just really like the way I looked in glasses. Where most guys thought a nice watch was a good fashion accessory I always liked my glasses...weird.

In high school they weren't appreciated.
In college they seem to be chick magnets.
Im not complaining.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:48 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,321,025 times
Love, love, love heavy plastic frames. My own are brown, not black, and I've been wearing them through at least three eyeglass trend cycles. What can I say, I like how they look on me (and I hate my contacts, my eyes are too sensitive to bother with them). Similar-ish to these: [img]http://s98412006.onlinehome.us/sagha...516thhoney.jpg[/img]

My boyfriend will NOT wear glasses, himself (although he prefers me in glasses). Too bad, because ol' Ira Glass has one of my all-time favorite dude looks. Mmmm, nerd...

[img]http://weblogs.cltv.com/news/weather...ra%20glass.jpg[/img]

Old 06-25-2009, 09:24 AM

727 posts, read 1,885,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
What is up with people wearing these glasses lately? They are so ugly IMO. Put a piece of tape around the middle and I swear they remind me of "Porky's Revenge of the Nerds".
Its a trend......The trend now days is more preppy,nerdy but I tell you when I was in Middle School it surely wasnt a fashion statement!

Old 06-25-2009, 10:01 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,760,350 times
I don't think what the OP is referring to is cat eye, or all black rimmed glasses, or rayban Wayfarer sunglasses, but instead those overly thick black glasses that are being worn by HIPSTERS. Yes, it is a hipster style. It is the thick black glasses that Elvis Costello wore in the 80's:

Buddy Holly glasses are similar but not quite the same. At least when Buddy Holly wore them they were the style, and when Elvis Costello wore them they were unique and originial and were one of his trademarks.

Now, every ugly, stupid hipster wants to wear these to be unique and different, exactly like all their hipster friends. Ugly, ugly hipsters, with their beards and porkpie hats (or fedoras) and their Elvis Costello glasses and "ironic" T-shirts - do they not have a single original thought EVER???

Hipsters wearing the new unique, individualist, ironic thick black glasses that all the other hipsters are wearing, also:
http://themmo.com/imsotight/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/hipsters2.jpg (broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty