Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 03:33 AM

197 posts, read 734,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriaT View Post
Around here, many get their eyebrows shaped by waxing by a professional. I have perfectly shaped natural eyebrows but they are too light. I use brow gel which makes them a bit darker and also kind of puts them in a nice shape. Its much easier to use than a pencil and more natural. They have it at Ultra. Several brands to try are Bourjois or Anastasia.

Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts

Anastasia has some really good stuff for eyebrows, not just the gel but other things too.
Hey ToriaT, now that you mentioned the products by Anastasia, someone referred me the other day to their brow shaping stenciling kit, which I'm going to order next week. Ah, the joys of learning to be a woman (baby steps, baby steps).

Kristie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM

3 posts, read 5,075 times
how do you make both your eyebrows look the same usely hard to do when you mess up so many times

Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,578,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTransientTranny View Post
I've been looking for something in the cosmetology department of Wal-Mart, to help me draw ultra-feminine looking eyebrows (so I can trim the hairs around the outline), and am I'm not having any luck. There seem to be a lot of girls and women walking around with perfect eyebrows. You know, the ones with a razor sharp curve at the outside. So....do you all use a stencil? Or just shave your eyebrows completely (risky) and redraw them so that you can keep anything out of the outline trimmed?

This is my youtube tutorial on the subject:

YouTube - Brows on a Budget (and product suggestion)

Old 12-13-2008, 04:13 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,588 times
Ugh, I have thick and wide eyebrows, I pluck, Ive tried threading but am not talented, now my eyebrows are turning gray, but my hair is still black. do any of you color your eyebrows?

Old 12-14-2008, 07:48 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
Ugh, I have thick and wide eyebrows, I pluck, Ive tried threading but am not talented, now my eyebrows are turning gray, but my hair is still black. do any of you color your eyebrows?
You can get them tinted but just going over them with a soft pencil and matching brow powder will cover them just the same.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
Tweeze or trim your brows only every 5-6 days. Don't do it too often during the week. 1 time a week is good. Let them grow a little bit that way it's easier to tweeze them out again.

It's better to shape your brows first, with an eyebrow pencil, before tweezing/trimming. That way you won't pluck/trim too many off and it won't look uneven.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:16 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,885,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
I do tint my eyebrows when I color my hair darker (like tomorrow I will, as a matter of fact).

It's best to do it at the same time you color your hair, but use a small Q-tip and put a tiny bit of dye on it and apply to the brow. Let it stay for 30 minutes (make sure not to rub your eye or brow area!! YIKES!) and use a wash cloth to carefully wash out the dye after 30 minutes. It's simple and easier. And saves you a lot of money from going to the pros all the time. Especially these days when money isn't so great with anyone right now. This is the best way to go for now.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:02 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,625,061 times
I tend to pluck and then use eyebrow gel ( rather than eyebrow pencil - I prefer the look as it coats every hair it looks more natural I feel ) and occasionally I will go to a beauty salon and have them waxed or even threaded . Threading gives the neatest result in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty