U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 12:05 PM

9,113 posts, read 5,676,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I have owned many pairs of Fryes.

I believe they went bankrupt at one point--in the 90's--and closed up shop? They're back in business.

My Frye's were all 1970's to 90's. Owned at least five pair. They last forever. I never had the biker style, they're a little too macho for my taste.

Loved my Frye boots. Good materials and workmanship. Wish they made lined boots.

Pricier, but if you like Fryes you'll like White's Boots too. I've had a pair now for 10 years that are like new, and the most comfortable pair of boots I've ever owned. Top quality. Their website isn't totally representative of their entire line, they make some gorgeous women's boots. Get a catalog.

White's boots are completely handmade, their store is in Spokane WA. They will custom make whatever you want.

White's Boots, Hunting Boots, Work Boots, Outdoor Clothing - White's Boots

I've always heard Frye were good boots. Check out WESCO, White's, and Wolverine, all quality hand made boots. Personally I prefer White's, I've got two pair and another on the way. My wife is at the three week mark on her "made to order" ones. She's also got a pair of Wolverine 1000 miles.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 AM

2,096 posts, read 2,943,587 times
I used to have some back around 1975-they were the tall campus ones with the stitching and golden brown.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty