Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:52 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
good manners never go out of style. How dare you or anyone else define what this lady or anyone else should wear or do? If you or the people on the beach with someone in a similar "get up (as you call it! ???) don't like it--tough crap. Don't look but don't judge either.
Good manners? This woman is displaying good manners? Have you taken a good look at how skimpy that tiny little sliver of a bikini "bottom" is and how low it is on her body? It does not even effectively cover her mons pubis.

You would want your child to see a woman strutting around on the beach like that? You would allow your daughter to make a public spectacle of herself like that?

Good manners? How about some ettiquette? How about some modesty? How about some decorum? How about some "decency?"

Anyone who displays him or herself in public is ASKING for everyone to look at him/her. And yes, make a judgment.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:55 AM

562 posts, read 2,403,439 times
Quote:
you simply must have a perfect body..oui? Perhaps she CAN'T put on weight. Don't be so critical. Would you have the nerve to say such things about an overweight person?
Of course I don't!!Almost no one would look good in that get-up. I aplogize for being critical, but I really do believe this poor woman has psychologically ingested the beauty myths of our culture, and hers, to a grotesque degree. IOW, I believe (assume, admittedly)she puts effort into maintaining her gaunt, over-tanned look. My clue? Her attire and demeanor.
She looks half way to death and proud of it. Our culture celebrates this look for young women, unlike overweight women. Tara Reid and Pamela Anderson may well look like this some day. This picture bothers us on a deep level for a reason.This look is unhealthy and INTENTIONAL for tons of women of all ages.I will not apologise for criticizing a feminine beauty that celebrates (deat*)and weakness over life and health. I have daughters.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabumom07 View Post
Of course I don't!!Almost no one would look good in that get-up. I aplogize for being critical, but I really do believe this poor woman has psychologically ingested the beauty myths of our culture, and hers, to a grotesque degree. IOW, I believe (assume, admittedly)she puts effort into maintaining her gaunt, over-tanned look. My clue? Her attire and demeanor.
She looks half way to death and proud of it. Our culture celebrates this look for young women, unlike overweight women. Tara Reid and Pamela Anderson may well look like this some day. This picture bothers us on a deep level for a reason.This look is unhealthy and INTENTIONAL for tons of women of all ages.I will not apologise for criticizing a feminine beauty that celebrates (deat*)and weakness over life and health. I have daughters.
Great points. And I stick to what I keep saying. This woman made the choice to display herself in that skimpy outfit. She thinks she looks good and is showing herself off. The outfit is sleazy and nasty looking and would be disgraceful on anyone of any age.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:06 AM

667 posts, read 2,300,824 times
I do not think they would look NEARLY as bad if she had more meat on her.
And current procedure to breast implants is improving all of the time.
I think she just needs more to fill in the rest of her body so that they didn't look so "out there."

Old 11-29-2008, 06:33 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
I'm OvEr reading the rants of you judgemental people. Before I take my leave though, might I suggest you all take a good and LONG look in your mirrors. Judging someone for their looks is wrong on so many levels. You should all be ashamed.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I'm OvEr reading the rants of you judgemental people. Before I take my leave though, might I suggest you all take a good and LONG look in your mirrors. Judging someone for their looks is wrong on so many levels. You should all be ashamed.
You have missed the point. The outfit she has on is the problem. If she did not WANT to attract the attention and comments, she would have never been noticed at all if she were wearing a less sleazy outfit.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,740,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You have missed the point. The outfit she has on is the problem. If she did not WANT to attract the attention and comments, she would have never been noticed at all if she were wearing a less sleazy outfit.
Sorry Ani, it's not often I disagree with you, but I must here! I just don't think it's right to judge people you don't know based on what they look like, even if they do "set themselves up for it." I've known too many girls and women with serious body-image issues that caused them to not eat, or to not be able to judge their own appearance. If anyone should be judged it's the people she's with for not staging an intervention. But really, if she is healthy and happy with how she looks then I say everyone else can be damned, too many of us women spend way too much time looking how others want us to and not being happy with themselves. And who knows about her implants or her weight, she may be a cancer survivor or something for all any of us know... I know several women who had bad reconstruction after surgery/accidents, and they will probably look like this some day, if they are comfortable with it more power to em!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:20 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,711,313 times
I can't help but to think that some of the same folks who are defending this little old lady would not be so thrilled if it were either a young girl or young adult wearing next to nothing on the beach near their children.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Sorry Ani, it's not often I disagree with you, but I must here! I just don't think it's right to judge people you don't know based on what they look like, even if they do "set themselves up for it." I've known too many girls and women with serious body-image issues that caused them to not eat, or to not be able to judge their own appearance. If anyone should be judged it's the people she's with for not staging an intervention. But really, if she is healthy and happy with how she looks then I say everyone else can be damned, too many of us women spend way too much time looking how others want us to and not being happy with themselves. And who knows about her implants or her weight, she may be a cancer survivor or something for all any of us know... I know several women who had bad reconstruction after surgery/accidents, and they will probably look like this some day, if they are comfortable with it more power to em!
Why is it you always seem so sensible??? LOL!!!

I understand what you are saying. Heck, totally willing to concede if she is happy, then that is all that matters (TO HER). I just see the kids oogling her in those pictures and it seems she is being an exhibitionist. The fact that she looks gaunt - I don't care about that. I would think anyone walking around w/ an outfit like that on (wh/ truly - barely covers her mons pubens) is an exhibitionist - regardless of their body type. Now on a nude beach (wh/ this is obviously NOT) everyone is there dressed (or undressed) in the same manner and so no one is thinking about being proper. If she wanted to walk around on a nude beach or topless beach letting it all hang out - her business. But this is a public beach where the pictures clearly show others are covering up their "stuff" more appropriately. There are kids all over in those pictures!

We all have the right to make a fool of ourselves - even if it means we are self-actualizing, Hee Hee.

We all have the right to do what we feel like doing as long as it is not hurting someone else (or as long as it is legal). With kids around, tho, just seems unseemly to me.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:11 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

We all have the right to do what we feel like doing as long as it is not hurting someone else (or as long as it is legal). With kids around, tho, just seems unseemly to me.
Cultural norms are different, though.
On the beaches we went to in Europe, and even on Miami's South Beach, many if not most bathing areas are topless, with kids of all ages everywhere, including my then 10-11 year old. (Other beaches were nudist but we did not sample those.)
We saw all kinds of bare bodies and breasts, and they weren't all the most comely sights a person could see. It's just not considered to be that big a deal.
Somewhere in this thread, someone mentions this lady is in Brazil--maybe that's true. Wherever it is, maybe it's a designated topless beach. Yes, it seems apparent that she is enjoying the attention. Yes, she's skinny and withered and her boobs look weird.
But perhaps the only severe harm done by her display was to the delicate sensibilities of CityData members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty