Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 08:07 PM

204 posts, read 665,961 times

Advertisements

I don't know what is funnier, the photo and the smiles on their faces or all the funny posts on here. And yes, I admit, I did copy the photo and email it out of a few of my friends. Sorry pitt transplant to anger you further.

I can't say her "look" is my style at all, but, hey she's smiling and seems to be enjoying life!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:15 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,273,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
She likes the beach. She is enjoying the sunshine.

This woman has inspired me!

Thanks to her, I am now walking around the house naked. I feel free.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:36 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,180,644 times
She does look happy, doesn't she!! I spent some years worrying about my figure getting older, and baggy, and saggy, and then it dawned on me that no one was getting a charge from looking at me anymore. That's when I decided that it wasn't worth the effort. I guess that she thinks the looks are worth the trouble.

Old 11-19-2008, 11:03 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
I detest people judging others on their weight. People seem more ready to do that to thin (we hate the term skinny-thank you very much) people but avoid saying someone is gross and fat. Neither comment is needed though-ever!
Perhaps the lady in the pic, like me is unble to gain weight. Ever think of that? Everyone who has joked about and made snide remarks about this lady and for that matter anyone based on their looks should go-right now and take a good long look in your mirrors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I think she would look better with clothes "on".

I've seen many women with fake boobs young and old. Most of the time they look better with clothes on. The one in the picture needs to gain a little weight. It's not healthy being that skinny. But she must feel good about herself to go out like that, so reps for her.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:59 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
I wonder if any or all of this pic had been photoshopped??

Old 11-20-2008, 07:29 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I detest people judging others on their weight. People seem more ready to do that to thin (we hate the term skinny-thank you very much) people but avoid saying someone is gross and fat. Neither comment is needed though-ever!
Perhaps the lady in the pic, like me is unble to gain weight. Ever think of that? Everyone who has joked about and made snide remarks about this lady and for that matter anyone based on their looks should go-right now and take a good long look in your mirrors.
I didn't call her skinny so you don't need to take a chill pill. It would be "healthier" for her if she gained weight. That's a fact. Her bones are sticking out and that's not good especially as you get older.

And I wouldn't go out in a bikini if I was underweight or obese. But hey that's just me.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
What are you going to do, spend your life behind drawn curtains? Hey, at least she is out there enjoying the party.
My point is that it is undignified to display yourself to the world in this manner at her age. She obviously has a problem. For all I know, she is a cancer survivor, but she looks anorexic. Her outfit is IMMODEST and would be IMMODEST even for a 25 year old. NO ONE at ANY AGE wears that skimpy of a bikini except for the desire to draw ATTENTION to themselves.

So she got the attention! If she were wearing a conservative bathing suit then she would not have drawn the ATTENTION. Anytime we choose to display "the goods" in public, we are doing so knowing full well we will draw ATTENTION. So she wanted us all to check her out. WE DID. If I choose to see her and think "she looks pitiful - so desperate for ATTENTION" . . . so what? She INVITED the world to check her out and when we do that, we make judgments.

Had she been a gorgeous 23 y/o, we would be saying - OMGOSH - she looks like a model!! Wish I had a body like that!!! But instead, she looks pitiful, and that is what we (or at least some of us) think when we look at her.

Most people w/ any sense of decorum would at least have on a sarong. Those of you who feel her public display is indicative of a great sense of self and satisfaction with her life - HEY- GREAT! Get yourself a bikini at 80 and live free! Or heck, just go naked!!! YOUR BUSINESS!!!

I stated that I hope to God I have the sensibilities to cover my saggy a$$ up at her age and that was a most sincere statement.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,163,378 times
yes you did. Here is YOUR post:Originally Posted by younglisa7
I think she would look better with clothes "on".

I've seen many women with fake boobs young and old. Most of the time they look better with clothes on. The one in the picture needs to gain a little weight. It's not healthy being that skinny. But she must feel good about herself to go out like that, so reps for her
So never deny what you've put in black and white,. Apparently you are perfection though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I didn't call her skinny so you don't need to take a chill pill. It would be "healthier" for her if she gained weight. That's a fact. Her bones are sticking out and that's not good especially as you get older.

And I wouldn't go out in a bikini if I was underweight or obese. But hey that's just me.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:47 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Well . . . here's the scoop. People who have a good sense of self do not try to get ATTENTION IN PUBLIC by displaying their goods in a sleazy manner. That bikini is sleazy and would be on ANYONE at ANY AGE and ANY WEIGHT.

If you don't want people making judgments, then don't light yourself up like a Christmas Tree in public and then wonder why others stop and stare.

This gal didn't need a sign that said "HEY CHECK ME OUT!!!" b/c w/ an outfit on like she wore . . . people's eyeballs were gonna pop out of their heads in absolute wonderment at the lady's sanity at appearing in public that way.

Good taste is good taste and displaying flesh - whether you are gorgeous, skinny, overweight or average - is TASTELESS and TACKY.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:12 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,823,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
My point is that it is undignified to display yourself to the world in this manner at her age. She obviously has a problem. For all I know, she is a cancer survivor, but she looks anorexic. Her outfit is IMMODEST and would be IMMODEST even for a 25 year old. NO ONE at ANY AGE wears that skimpy of a bikini except for the desire to draw ATTENTION to themselves.

So she got the attention! If she were wearing a conservative bathing suit then she would not have drawn the ATTENTION. Anytime we choose to display "the goods" in public, we are doing so knowing full well we will draw ATTENTION. So she wanted us all to check her out.
Or she doesn't care what you think, which is much more likely.

Also: "undignified to display yourself to the world in this manner at her age." Oh, please. At her age she can do anything she wants to. She might be a tad on the eccentric side, but if she wants to hang out on the beach in a bikini, it's not like more sun exposure is going to make her skin get any worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.