U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 11:03 AM

8 posts, read 100,726 times

Advertisements

I am debating about getting implants. I am a pretty petite woman (5'4", 110 lbs) and 32B bra size. I don't feel very womanly and would like larger breasts. I liked being a D cup when I was pregnant. I am finished having kids and would like to do something nice for myself.

Questions:
What type of implant did you decide on & why?
How was the implant inserted? (belly button, nipple, arm pit)
What was your before/after size?
What was recovery like? (pain, time from work, etc)
Any complications?
How long have you had them & do you have any regrets?
Is it true that they only last 10 years? Then what?
How much does it cost? (husband's question)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 11:08 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,356,707 times
D cup is going to hurt your back eventually.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:28 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,526,364 times
Is this a troll post? Why would a petite woman want size D breasts? You'll look ridiculous.

If you want to feel good about yourself, go buy some new underwear. That's what I would do. But I really don't think having enormous breasts is going to make you happy. You'll look freekish and men will gawk and stare at you for all the wrong reason. Maybe your husband wants that to boost his own ego. The size you have is perfect. Less is more in this case.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:32 PM

5,120 posts, read 12,736,804 times
I'm about your size and I think a D cup may be too big, unless you're looking to flaunt your chest! I wouldn't go bigger than a C cup, myself! I'm a "barely B" right now, and while I wish I'd been endowed a bit more, I find that I don't have any sagging, and clothes fit me like they were intended--without having to go up a size to accomodate my chest! (Something to think about!) Right now, I can wear a size 0-2 in clothes--with a larger bosum, I don't think those tops would fit right!

If you're going to do it, do alot of research! I'd opt for something that doesn't disturb the nipple--too many horror stories of cutting the blood vessels and the nipple dying--no thanks! Of course, if you need lifting along with the implant, they'll have to do it that way.

Good luck--let us know what you decide!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:29 PM

What comes to mind is a woman I knew for a while. She was about 5'6" and very slender. She was a very insecure, sad person and she drank a lot. Was always hanging out at the bars, which is eventually where I left her one night. Anyhow, she had big boobs and wanted bigger ones, so she ended up with Double DD. It was awful. Like a bookshelf coming out of her chest. And it just made her look too big upstairs. If she wore a jacket, it was like she had a tent over the front of her. Sometimes she would go to a bar and sit there with her short skirt and big breasts and order shots, and I guess that's the only way she thought she could get attention. And that's about all those big breasts were good for, because they didn't make her happy. She was still an old boozer. She called me desperate and crying a few times wondering why life wasn't working out for her. I didn't have the answer, and whatever anyone said, she could never take in.

And that's why I think of women with excessively large breasts. It's like they are trying to make up for something that is missing in their lives.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:44 PM

15,538 posts, read 35,674,338 times
Geez - you guys are really harsh! Just because she wants breast implants doesn't mean she leads a sad, pathetic existence. Not everybody who gets implants has low self-esteem. I have them, they've worked out good for me and I had great self-esteem before I got them - and great self-esteem now (well, maybe not as much self-esteem as Jonathan LB has ). I've had them for about 15 years. I am not a drunk, I don't hang out in bars with my "big chest and short skirts". I compete in ballroom dance so I am pretty much sober 99.9% of the time. I am proportioned for my height and weight. My advice to the OP: Get a couple of bras in the sizes you are thinking about. Wear each one for about a week with those gel pads you can find at most stores. This will give you a better idea of what you really want. Best of luck to you.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Geez - you guys are really harsh! Just because she wants breast implants doesn't mean she leads a sad, pathetic existence. Not everybody who gets implants has low self-esteem. I have them, they've worked out good for me and I had great self-esteem before I got them - and great self-esteem now (well, maybe not as much self-esteem as Jonathan LB has ). I've had them for about 15 years. I am not a drunk, I don't hang out in bars with my "big chest and short skirts". I compete in ballroom dance so I am pretty much sober 99.9% of the time. I am proportioned for my height and weight. My advice to the OP: Get a couple of bras in the sizes you are thinking about. Wear each one for about a week with those gel pads you can find at most stores. This will give you a better idea of what you really want. Best of luck to you.
I don't think all of them look bad, but my point was she is already a B -- which is a decent size -- and she wants a D on a very petite frame (110 pounds.)

Twinkle, I don't think yours are that big.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:03 PM

109 posts, read 685,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Is this a troll post? Why would a petite woman want size D breasts? You'll look ridiculous.

If you want to feel good about yourself, go buy some new underwear. That's what I would do. But I really don't think having enormous breasts is going to make you happy. You'll look freekish and men will gawk and stare at you for all the wrong reason. Maybe your husband wants that to boost his own ego. The size you have is perfect. Less is more in this case.
Ok, I'll go for a full and uplifting "C" cup...I'd be fine with that. But when I was pregnant (belly wasn't showing yet) and I had a "D" cup I looked great. I do have a small ribcage (32) so a "D" on me isn't as big as a "D" on someone bigger.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire View Post
Ok, I'll go for a full and uplifting "C" cup...I'd be fine with that. But when I was pregnant (belly wasn't showing yet) and I had a "D" cup I looked great. I do have a small ribcage (32) so a "D" on me isn't as big as a "D" on someone bigger.
C cup is much, much better.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:00 PM

15,538 posts, read 35,674,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I don't think all of them look bad, but my point was she is already a B -- which is a decent size -- and she wants a D on a very petite frame (110 pounds.)

Twinkle, I don't think yours are that big.
Hmmm ..... how big do you think they are???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty