U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:44 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,331,463 times

Advertisements

LUSH Fresh Handmade Soaps and Natural Cosmetics

I had a bar soap forever back and liked it...forget what it was
They have super strong scents. My old roomate had a stash that was her guarded treasure. Sniff only zone for me as there is nothing worse in my mind than a roomate that uses your stuff. UGH...like the little sister you never wanted...

But anyway...

What do you like from there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 09:32 AM

617 posts, read 1,866,970 times
Their henna. I just turned 50 and thanks to some good genes, I have only a couple dozen gray hairs so far. Since I do the no-poo method for my curly hair, going with a more gentl alternative to harsh chemical dyes appeals to me. I've been very pleased with the results.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:45 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,331,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
Their henna. I just turned 50 and thanks to some good genes, I have only a couple dozen gray hairs so far. Since I do the no-poo method for my curly hair, going with a more gentl alternative to harsh chemical dyes appeals to me. I've been very pleased with the results.
I was looking at those bricks!..I just bought a new Vampire red manic panic...
I have some whites that seem to come and go..

What henna brick color did you pick?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:38 AM

Noir. My hair is dark brown. I bought a grater at the dollar store to grate it and it works perfectly.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:58 AM

5,115 posts, read 10,033,334 times
I have their maroon henna, but haven't tried it yet. I use henna in powder form usually, that you mix with water. I am a bit worried about all that cocoa butter in the henna-blocks, won't it make the hair awfully greasy?

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-21-2008, 11:13 AM

11,397 posts, read 15,999,324 times
I'm a big fan of their facial products and solid perfumes. I still haven't found the right winter mix for me (and since I don't live near a Lush store, I don't want to start dropping tons of money online when I could wait a bit and sample it first) but in the summer I'm completely set and my face never looked better. Now I just moisturize more.

I have Karma and Champagne Snow Showers in solid perfume form that I often layer together and love it. The scents are divine, last, and are convenient to pop in a purse.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:11 PM

I like the Karma solid perfume, too. Have you used the Karma solid shampoo bar? I like the idea of a shampoo bar, no plastic packaging!

Old 12-21-2008, 02:45 PM

11,397 posts, read 15,999,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I like the Karma solid perfume, too. Have you used the Karma solid shampoo bar? I like the idea of a shampoo bar, no plastic packaging!
I don't really dig the solid shampoo... I wish Karma came in other kinds! I have kind of oily-ish, wavy hair which Karma shampoo SHOULD be great for, but it is really rough on my hair. Normally toward the end of my shower, I rub my fingertips over the shampoo bar and use a smidge in my hair just to leave the scent. It lasts forever that way too. :P Next time I go to an actual Lush store, I might try a different kind. My old favorite shampoo bar got discontinued and my hair hasn't been the same since!

Old 12-21-2008, 05:19 PM

I have oily straight hair, so maybe it would work better for me. But thanks for the tip ! I do love the scent....
which was your favorite shampoo bar?

Old 12-21-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I have their maroon henna, but haven't tried it yet. I use henna in powder form usually, that you mix with water. I am a bit worried about all that cocoa butter in the henna-blocks, won't it make the hair awfully greasy?
I didn't have a problem with greasy hair at all. My hair is naturally curly and I follow the curly girl no-poo routine. I "wash" with a silicone-free conditioner and use only styling products that have no silicones. The Lush henna fits in perfectly with this system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or