Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 03:15 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Not enough and too much all at the same time...... if that is understandable......
Wrong size or you can just never seem to find what you want to wear with "all" those clothes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 03:18 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
I miss having a walk-in closet - this is an old Cape Cod w/small closets.

I do actually get rid of some things (I donate, not throw out) - but I generally have things that can be worn forever, very few of "up to the minute" style things. I've been the same size since forever so I actually have clothes that are more 15+ yrs. old. (and some things from high school or not long after - believe me it's been MANY yrs. since high school).

I did have to donate a ton of shoes though - I used to have over 100 prs. but have since developed a small bunion and also don't do those heels like I used to. I'd rather buy wider/more comfy shoes than get surgery (unfortunately, it's hard to find wide in my size so I often have to buy larger and them get insoles, heel things, etc.).

Old 01-01-2009, 04:17 PM

496 posts, read 1,251,005 times
younglisa7
if i knew how to stop i would. i get a huge joy when shopping sales. i have good taste too, just don't get out enough to wear them. park, bookstore, ballet classes just don't seem like places to dress for. yup, i could use that money for other things too, like a behind-implant

Old 01-01-2009, 06:13 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlorak View Post
younglisa7
if i knew how to stop i would. i get a huge joy when shopping sales. i have good taste too, just don't get out enough to wear them. park, bookstore, ballet classes just don't seem like places to dress for. yup, i could use that money for other things too, like a behind-implant
That's cool. I get a huge joy when I see my bank account growing and no debt. That's why we are individuals.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:37 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,938,071 times
I'm on closet #3.

Not all in the same location, mind you. In between college and getting my own place, I amassed a large collection of clothes. I've had to 'borrow' relatives closet space to store my things and much of my clothes were left behind during several of my moves.

Now that I'm finally settled and no longer living the college life, I'm in the process of donating some of my things. The styles have changed over the past couple of years so I have no problem digging into those closets and getting rid of some of it. That being said, I don't believe in shopping for the sake of it. I wear everything in my current closet and I usually shop by outfit (You can NEVER go wrong shopping by outfit). I have a huge walk-in closet and it's filled from top to bottom (double rows) but it includes business wear, dresses, casual/everyday, shelves for jeans, shoes and accessories.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:43 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,415,341 times
Too many and the sad part is I just keep wearing the same things like I have nothing else.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:30 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,934 times
Me too. I store half my wardrobe half the year (spring/summer or winter/fall) and keep the other half in the actual closet... which is stocked and has basics and things I actually wear but nothing I love. I buy things all over the place, mostly at lower end stores and recently Buffalo Exchange. I love clearance too. I somehow never have the clothes I really want though and think I dress like a slacker/grungoid though slightly more fashionable than I did when I was youner.

Quote:
Not enough and too much all at the same time...... if that is understandable......

Old 01-02-2009, 01:19 PM

557 posts, read 2,610,362 times
Glad I'm not the only one with too many clothes. I have the perfect solution! Move to Hawaii (lived there once). Need a couple short dresses, 1 pair shorts, 1 pair slacks, couple tops, a sweater, flip flops, 2 swim suits, a cover up and a hat. Done--and it all fits nicely into a closet!

Old 01-02-2009, 01:23 PM

648 posts, read 1,641,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Not enough.
You read my mind!! lol

Old 01-02-2009, 01:40 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,165,026 times
Quote:
Totally understandable!

The problem I faced with that scenario is that it didn't look like I needed anything even if my closet was full of stuff that I didn't like, was out of fashion or even fit me. I did a complete purge and decided I didn't care if I only had 10 things left in there....but I wasn't going to continue keeping what I wasn't wearing.

I did regret it a couple of times after I lost weight and some of that stuff would fit me now....but I'm still happier with my decision than I would have been if I had moved and taken it all with me. Now I can purchase accessories or other pieces of clothes that actually enhance my existing wardrobe instead of a bunch of clutter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty