U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:58 PM

15,543 posts, read 35,721,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunInHair View Post
Just wondering now many clothes the average woman has in her closet? Do you store off-season clothes in totes?
Seems I never have enough room for everything even after donating what I no longer wear.
Which closet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 05:53 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,554,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Which closet?
LOL!

Okay, TwinkleToes, we're on to you now...

Old 01-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
when i first moved in with my wife (not married then), she brought so many clothes i had no room for my own. after a year i coaxed her into purging. we filled, must have been 12 or 15 big garbage bags of clothes and took them to goodwill. most of them were things i had never even seen, after 2 or more years of dating. now i make her do it on a bi-annual basis. we just took 15 shirts andmaybe 3-4 pairs of pants out over xmas break.

so her survival wardrobe, without counting, i estimate she has 25-30 shirts or sweaters in the closet and 15-20 pants, one suit, 10-15 dresses, 10-15 shoes. then a dresser is full of t-shirts, shorts, pj's, socks and underwear. for comparison i have about 2/3rds that.
Oh, my god. A woman after my own heart!

Old 01-04-2009, 07:36 PM

4,791 posts, read 12,924,475 times
Mens clothes, just an ok collection. But women's clothes, - definitely over $14,000 of stuff!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,603,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Wrong size or you can just never seem to find what you want to wear with "all" those clothes?
I am a sahm.... and my career wear from teaching almost 7 years ago is a tad out dated... so that is on its way to the curb if it hasn't already made its way there.... I have had two kids so I have fluctuated sizes in the past six years.... finally back down to a six but my style is nothing to exciting at the moment............ and I don't like a lot of what is out there right now.... I have already been a member of the 80s so don't really feel like reliving that one.... and I am too young to be thrown full throttle into the MOM department in my opinion... even though I am a mom...... sitting at 31 I don't want to look like I need to be driving a minivan....Ya know? So, too much and not enough...... Ya know? LOL.........

Old 01-05-2009, 07:37 AM

13,440 posts, read 4,596,413 times
Way too much or was it not enough???

I have about 10 pairs of jeans and at least 15-20 other kinds of pants.
I also love dresses so I have some of those, too.
Nearly all of my clothes fit into one closet but I have to get rid of some of the older things soon.
When summer/winter comes I put the clothes I don't need way up in the closet and take the ones I need down for the time being. This also makes me review them once a year and decide whether they get back in the closet in one of the lower places or not.

But it's always the same when we go out I never have the right thing to wear. I guess it's the problem most women have.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:00 AM

15,543 posts, read 35,721,699 times
I use most of the closets in the house because I have my regular work wardrobe, a casual wardrobe, a party and special occasion wardrobe and my ballroom wardrobe. Each gown takes up the space of what would ordinarily be three items, so they have their own closet. Then shoes ... aye yay yay!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:34 AM

13,440 posts, read 4,596,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I use most of the closets in the house because I have my regular work wardrobe, a casual wardrobe, a party and special occasion wardrobe and my ballroom wardrobe. Each gown takes up the space of what would ordinarily be three items, so they have their own closet. Then shoes ... aye yay yay!
Wish I had that much space for ward robes. Everything would be more orderly and look much better. And not to forget - much more space to buy even more clothes

Old 01-05-2009, 11:13 AM

I actually prefer to store my clothes carefully in containers. If they sit in a closet, they may collect dust or get moth holes.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:11 PM

617 posts, read 1,869,744 times
I have an 8x10 walk-in closet that's filled to overflowing. If you want to take an inventory of the clothes, be my guest.

In all fairness, 80% of my clothes are too small since I quit smoking in 2006. I've just begun my newest New Year resolution to lose the weight I gained back then so hopefully I'll be able wear that 80% and toss the 20% I'm wearing now.

I also have a nice collection of vintage clothing that I love to wear. The trick is to mix vintage pieces with current ones so you don't look like you just stepped out of a Nick at Night sitcom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty