Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,099 times

Advertisements

I play a little headgame with myself every season with my clothes. I turn all the hangers backwards on the rod, then when I hang worn and washed items back in the closet I turn the hangers right. At the end of the season any hangers that are still backwards come down and go straight to the thrift store....I playthe same game with my husband's clothes and he's none the wiser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 10:47 AM

12,772 posts, read 14,978,563 times
I haven't counted each article of clothing, but here's what I have:

Back at parents' house from what I recall...haven't looked in a long time:

- one wall closet 1/2 full
- 1 or 2 garbage bags full
- walk-in closet moderately full

At my apt:

- wall closet w/ 2-4 articles of clothing on each hanger & plum full!
- portable closet 1/2 full
- dresser of 4 drawers quite full

Old 11-12-2018, 11:48 AM

497 posts, read 422,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunInHair View Post
Just wondering now many clothes the average woman has in her closet? Do you store off-season clothes in totes?
Seems I never have enough room for everything even after donating what I no longer wear.
I have a capsule wardrobe of 10 items of clothes with some extra for unexpected change of weather. I live in four season country and generally own a few extras for the summer season. Not including coats, jackets, stockings, underthings, accessories, I only have 10 items.

3 pairs of pants, one skirt, 2 tops; 4 dresses
My extras would be a cardi, blazer, heavy sweater

When cleaning my home, I wear the same clothes to my office job, but I have an apron to protect my clothes.
My outfit looks are different as I use accessories to bring out my creativity to dress up or down and have fun with styling my hair straight or curly and with makeup. Dressing up doesn't take long, just having fun with my hair & makeup.

For the summer season, I would have extra tops, a pair of shorts, skirts and more dresses as I like to change frequently due to sweating and require wash.

The off season is stored away, but I don't have to store a lot because they are reused in the winter as added layering piece if needed. Some extras are put away for the summer season, which is normally two months only. They are stored in a box with some cedarwood.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:49 PM

10,611 posts, read 12,126,824 times
My current 3-bedroom house doesn't have enough closet space for my clothes.
I'd say I'd need a walk-in closet of about 20'x20' to hold all my clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty