U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:02 PM

13 posts, read 45,910 times

Advertisements

Even though I am a plain overweight middle aged woman with few friends, I still have dreams. I dream of being super popular and a complete knockout. I always wondered what it would be like to be absolutely stunning and glamorous.

There is a woman in the office who works in Human Resources who is like that. She is just beautiful, young, thin and so poised. She does not appear to have a problem in the world and everyone in the office wants to talk to her and be her friend. I look at her on occasion and try to see any physical imperfection. I can not find one. She is a ten on a one to ten scale. She should be in the movies.

What do you think her life is like in the real world? Does her beauty, charm, confidence, popularity and poise make her life better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Status: "I cannot wait for the heat to break..." (set 5 days ago)

20,368 posts, read 25,494,040 times
I have no idea what it would be like either but I do know the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Don't try to be someone else but rather try to improve "you". You are special and deserve to feel that way. If you are overweight take steps to lose it. Change your hairstyle or color. Get a couple of really nice outfits that make you feel good. Do it for yourself. You can change if that is what you want.
The more you do that makes you feel better the more confident you will be.
It could even be taking a class and learning something new. Broaden your horizons.

Find a partner that wants the same things as you and work together. Goos luck. I hope "you" become all you want.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:42 PM

3,446 posts, read 7,655,636 times
Believe me - a lot of beautiful, glamorous people have really rotten, unhappy lives - you never know what is really going on in someones life - and I think most of us would be very suprised. There was another Mom that I thought had just the perfect life, beautiful home, well behaved kids, fantastic vacations, superwoman did everything - one day her husband told her is was not happy and left - no explanation - just left. I was so glad I was not her after that.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:53 PM

109 posts, read 257,481 times
What a stupid question.

Grow up, be happy with what you have. Quit wondering what other people's lives are like and focus on your own.

The more I read that post, the more you look like a plant/troll.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:25 PM

3,653 posts, read 7,263,820 times
WOW! I have never put that much thought into another persons looks and mannerism's.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:50 PM

12,172 posts, read 15,009,413 times
I have a friend who fits the bill. She is beautiful yet bitter, angry and envious. Looks don't matter when you feel unhappy.

Old 01-02-2009, 07:56 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
you dont have to---- all you gota do is go see interview with a vampire with tom cruise and brad pitt.
then you will see how the beautiful narcisst treats people.
i suspect you are a good person, rejoice in who and what you are.
tigers are very beautiful to look at but if you knew anything about them (malaysians do) you would not think so.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:19 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,236,575 times
Oh gosh! I wonder if women like you ever thought of like that when they see me walking around as if they want to switch bodies or something. That what made me fear women to that certain extent. I had the Snow White Syndrone. I'm pretty much over it now.

Tyra Banks and Ashton Kutcher is going to premier this new reality show about judging very attractive, adonis, people for what's on the inside this Jan 5. Don't miss it. You'll know what you really aren't missing.

If you want to be slim, eat healthy and exercise. Those women you were envying probably went through that phase to get that body. Ever thought of that?

Old 01-02-2009, 08:30 PM

616 posts, read 1,012,628 times
I have known some very beautiful women who were very ugly inside and some very beautiful women who were just as beautiful inside.

I have known some very ugly women that the same thing could be said about them. Judge people on an individual basis only. Many people have paid dearly for those great looks by being sought out and used and discarded like objects, not taken seriously, misunderstood and so forth. Probably much like you (I'm reminded of Janis Ian's Seventeen right now). Everyone gets their own personal sack of rocks to carry around remember.

Be the best you can be and figure out why you got dealt the hand you did. Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative. Many people fall in love with people solely because of the interior. An empathetic, honest heart goes a long way.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:37 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,513,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_plain_woman View Post
Even though I am a plain overweight middle aged woman with few friends, I still have dreams. I dream of being super popular and a complete knockout. I always wondered what it would be like to be absolutely stunning and glamorous.

There is a woman in the office who works in Human Resources who is like that. She is just beautiful, young, thin and so poised. She does not appear to have a problem in the world and everyone in the office wants to talk to her and be her friend. I look at her on occasion and try to see any physical imperfection. I can not find one. She is a ten on a one to ten scale. She should be in the movies.

What do you think her life is like in the real world? Does her beauty, charm, confidence, popularity and poise make her life better?
Are you sure you're not a man pretending to be a woman?

You know, a man like Dingler, Questioner2, and Politically Incorrect, and whatever other pseudonym you've posted under.

Now I have a question for you: Why do you go around to every forum on this board and keep posting these bizarre questions? What is the deal with that? I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty