Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 09:15 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,912,269 times

Advertisements

And please be nice. GoodWill recently benefitted from my foot growing a little longer after having my last child. Now I know where "barefoot and pregnant" came from. Barefoot b/c they couldn't afford to buy new shoes after their feet grew with each pregnancy! Anyway, I love shoes, and had a healthy collection of size 10's and 11's. Now, with a size 12...forget about it-I can't find anything in the stores. I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks, found a nice dress, and thought, "GREAT-Now where am I going to find shoes to go with this???" So where can I find a nice, high heel shoe, that doesn't look like part of a stripper's uniform since that seems to be all that I find in my size?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,448,468 times
I've heard Nordstroms stocks large sizes-- but that's a pretty pricey store.

Try this website: Shoes, Clothing, Handbags, Sunglasses | Zappos.com Free Shipping

I've bought shoes from them in the past and been very happy. They have free shipping and free returns if something doesn't fit right.

Good luck!

Old 01-06-2009, 10:06 AM

93 posts, read 455,607 times
My sister has the reverse problem - wears a 4.5 and can't find any dress shoes or boots in the children's dept. But she has had success on shoes.com
Check it out.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:29 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,912,269 times
Thank you. It's so frustrating.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:53 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,351,870 times
I'm a 12 (have been since HS) and I'm so grateful for Zappos. There's also ShoeBuy.com, PiperLime.com (they dont seem to carry as many 12s), NineWest, Nordstrom.

I predominantly shop at Zappos though.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:28 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,718,267 times
Maybe this sounds strange, but are there any shops for crossdressers/transsexuals in your area or online? Some places may only have the "stripper shoes" but I'm sure there are many men dressing as women that dress more conservatively, and they must get their shoes from somewhere even with big feet!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:45 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,284,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'm a 12 (have been since HS) and I'm so grateful for Zappos. There's also ShoeBuy.com, PiperLime.com (they dont seem to carry as many 12s), NineWest, Nordstrom.

I predominantly shop at Zappos though.
Those are the sites I use also. IF you have the money to spend, some designer shoe brands like Chanel, Dior, Roberto Cavalli, and some others have styles in size 41.5 and 42.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:06 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,754,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Maybe this sounds strange, but are there any shops for crossdressers/transsexuals in your area or online? Some places may only have the "stripper shoes" but I'm sure there are many men dressing as women that dress more conservatively, and they must get their shoes from somewhere even with big feet!
IDK if that would be viable, but it sounds like a brilliant idea.
Bizarre, but brilliant.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,351,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Being from the NYC area...I tried with no luck. I used to go into the village and look and basically what you find online is what you see there. The only thing that I found that catered to larger/mens sizes was the stripper shoes & boots. Nothing that was really appropriate for the daytime.

I eventually had a couple pairs of boots custom made in Europe & Spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Those are the sites I use also. IF you have the money to spend, some designer shoe brands like Chanel, Dior, Roberto Cavalli, and some others have styles in size 41.5 and 42.
Unfortunately almost all the couture/European designers run small. I have yet to find a 42 that is equivalent to an American size 12.

Stuart Weitzman is the only one that I've found to be true to size and I wouldn't even consider him couture. His shoes are fabulous though!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty