Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 03:47 PM

557 posts, read 2,610,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Depends on the man. A shaved head usually looks a lot better than a very prominent bald spot. Poorly shaped head? No. Big ears? No.

And I agree with Shuffle, some men do look mean with no hair. Sort of like a comic book brute bad guy.

As far as it looking sexy? I never noticed one way or the other. The eyes are the thing that look sexy to me.
I agree with Padgett2! Depends on the man AND the eyes are sooo important! My man is naturally bald and shaves his head in the summer so it's much cooler for him. To me, balding equals high testoserone levels! Oh yes, baby......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 04:49 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,435,254 times
I absolutely hate shaved head on white men, don't mind it as much on black men. Just something about a big shiny white head, looks totally NOT sexy to me... JMHO of course.
I much prefer either very short hair, or shoulder length hair on men, if it is well groomed.

forum rules, please read them

Last edited by katzenfreund; 01-11-2009 at 05:57 PM..

Old 01-11-2009, 05:15 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,581,185 times
Yeah I shaved myself once, mind you this was when I was working as a peace officer and on my days off when I was out of uniform I kept attracting the wrong crowd, some crazy girls who wanted to get with me and their crazy boyfriends who wanted to beat me up. I still kept it shaved but left some hair on top for about 2 years, just recently started growing it out, going for the Christian Bale look now.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,531,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Depends on the man. ....<portion of text deleted by redbird to save space>

And I agree with Shuffle, some men do look mean with no hair. Sort of like a comic book brute bad guy.
... Comic book brutes have feelings too you know! How dare you say we brutes look mean! We are soft and cuddly as a kitten. Purrrrr.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/ee-1.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I absolutely hates shaved head on white men....
Oh my! How hateful, you scornful beast! IMO, white women, and all women, look absolutely stunning with bald heads! Its all in the eye of the beholder!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/mona_lisa_s.jpg (broken link)

Good thread, Seabee, now pass the dog clippers. I am going for it.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:59 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,435,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

Oh my! How hateful, you scornful beast! IMO, white women, and all women, look absolutely stunning with bald heads! Its all in the eye of the beholder!

LOL. Can't say that i like bald shaved head on ANYONE that is white, male or female. My husband thought that on one of the science fiction flicks he has watched there was a woman that shaved her head and he thought that it looked good. . Sorry, just not my thing - no offense

forum rules, please read them

Old 01-11-2009, 06:09 PM

Whew!

Katzenfreund, I was just doing a load of laundry (and floral arrangements) and thought to my (comic-book-brute) self, "Self, I hope that Mod realizes you have a "weird" sense of humor!"

You know, a lot of men shave their heads when they start growing bald. It REALLY does depend on the man on whether or not it looks good to me. (or woman). But to be honest, it's been around so long, I don't even think about it.

We won't talk about shaved ~body parts~.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:34 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,138,639 times
Unhappy Started at childhood

Ok ladies I'm going out on a limb and putting my baby picture up on CD, tell me if you think my head is the right shape or not to be shaved bald.

Is it fashionable or just beauty?

Last edited by EarthBound?; 08-20-2009 at 12:08 PM..

Old 01-11-2009, 09:00 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
My Husband started shaving his head years ago as he was going bald !!! he looks better bald than with hair. Our Sons laugh when they see pics of him with hair
People laugh when they see pics of me with hair too. I am 26 and been shaving bald since shortly after my 21st birthday. I have some slight recession and my father has the classic "horns" in front, but mainly I do it just because I like the look and it is much less trouble. I just recently switched from a blade to a Remington electric which has made it even easier. The chicks love it, too. Unless you have a funny-shaped noggin, big ears, or a huge birthmark on your scalp, I say go for it!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Ok ladies I'm going out on a limb and putting my baby picture up on CD, tell me if you think my head is the right shape or not to be shaved bald.

Is it fashionable or just beauty?
Egads!

Uhm, honestly? Well, Seabee, I think it's time for a fashion makeover. With your ears, you would look better with a Chad Stevens bowl hair helmut.

Sorry, big guy. But hey, with your new "Do", you will be run out of Ohio in no time! Or you can always wear a baseball cap!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/seabeefunpics3.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
i look better with a burr but the women dont drag me out of the car yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty