U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Status: "happy again, no longer catless! t...." (set 4 days ago)

14,421 posts, read 16,681,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Yes, they donate them to goodwill

I don't get the anti-pointy shoe feeling in here . None of my pointy toe shoes hurt. Some are my most comfy heels. The pointy part starts after your toes, so unless you are wearing the wrong size, they should not squeeze.
Donating to charity is one thing, but the person who had the clothes now has NOThing to sit around and be comfrortable in. I have some stuff which isn't stylish or great, but I just plain like it. If I feel good in it when I'm not out playing a "role", why not. I wonder how long it takes the people to go out and buy themselves some clothes which are comfortable to travel, sit or shop. Everyone needs clothes for times they are just being themselves.

The pointy shoe thing is simple. They are BAD for your foot. They don't allow your toes to stread out and balance the foot. They cause problems and pain. And the insistance on HEELS. Someone needs to educate Stacy and company that shoes which are not comfortable are NOT GOOD SHOES.

Oprah wears cutys pointed shoes on her show. On one of the features she admitted that she wears them on the show but not in real life because they hurt. We need to educate the shoe designers about how feet work and what damage their shoes are creating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 09:05 PM

9,209 posts, read 18,043,938 times
I agree with orangeapple. The pointed shows don't hurt or compress your toes if you wear the correct size. Your toes are in the widest part of the shoe, before the point starts. My toes are no more compressed than they are in any shoe. And I find mine all really comfortable.

The problem with some women is that they see all that extra "space" in the point, so they think they can go down a size or two and cram their size 8 feet into a size 6 shoe.

I know some women with foot "issues" find heels uncomfortable, but I've been wearing them for so long, they are very comfortable. I just make sure I buy good shoes that fit properly. Up to 3 inches, I'm perfectly fine. But my one pair of boots that have slightly over 3 inch heels cause the balls of my feet to hurt a little by the end of the day.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:03 PM

13,432 posts, read 24,204,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzer21 View Post
I've never seen the American version. Are they as blunt as Trinny and Susannah?
Yes, they are. I enjoy Trinny and Susannah too.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:16 PM

13,432 posts, read 24,204,419 times
I have enjoyed the show for years. What it did for me was make me question what I wore and I did change for the better. It made me more conscious of fit and what flattered my body. My going out wardrobe is much better than it used to be. And I have real shoes as well.

Now hanging out around the house...comfort still rules.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:28 PM

10,664 posts, read 7,703,785 times
I love watching this show, honestly they give good tips. For instance when they say that a dark denim is better especially if you're curvy... well, I hated dark denim but I decided to give it a try, and now I love it because it really fits me perfectly and much better than lighter denim! But I wouldn't have if I had not seen the show and the difference it made on women "like me"...
It may sound silly but thanks to the show I tried many things I would have never ever tried on before, but I did so out of curiosity and it worked very well most of the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysFate View Post
I think the skirt above the knee thing isn't really an age thing but more of what's appropriate for your body and height. Of course if you're over 35 and not in the best shape, it's probably not a good idea to be walking around in a mini skirt.
As for the pointy shoes, it's not for everyone but I get what they're saying about it. It does help elongate the feet and make your proportions look more balance.
It's a TV show, it's not the law. Overall, I like the show because they do have a lot of good suggestions and make great points. I really just like to watch the two host interact, they're entertaining to watch.
I agree!

Old 01-20-2010, 02:30 PM

10,664 posts, read 7,703,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I have enjoyed the show for years. What it did for me was make me question what I wore and I did change for the better. It made me more conscious of fit and what flattered my body. My going out wardrobe is much better than it used to be. And I have real shoes as well.

Now hanging out around the house...comfort still rules.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 PM

5,532 posts, read 5,712,785 times
Just a comment - with all the talk about clothes, the hair stylist and makeup artist contribute more to changing the look of a person then all the clothes combined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty