U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 07:21 PM

6,764 posts, read 19,303,398 times

Advertisements

The only comment I have on the show is that if someone paid me $5000 I could buy a hell of a lot of clothes and look good, too. Granted, in NYC that won't go far (if you stick to high end stores), but in 'real life' I have not had $1,000 to spend on clothes a YEAR let alone $5,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 09:54 PM

3,786 posts, read 5,543,099 times
I do think the subjects on the show look better afterwards. Some of the stuff they trash is actually trash but some stuff doesn't need to be tossed. At least I hope they give it to charity. I think their outfits look good but seem really uncomfortable. Very fitted and structured, pointy high heels, shortish skirts and fitted tops. I am uncomfortable just looking at the outfits.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:22 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,863,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I think Stacy needs a make-over in a big way herself.
Along with bleached blonde straw hair Carmindy.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:27 PM

7,268 posts, read 16,863,564 times
I don't think they should get upset if a person refuses to wear something.
Pointy toe shoes look cute but who wants to wear them everyday all day?
They have some good ideas but they also have some bad or crazy ideas.
I think if a person is dealing with the public, they should make a point to be clean and look nice.
Save the sweats for home on a day off.
Most of the people they have on are skanky looking and it wouldn't hurt for them to shower sometimes.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 PM

2,144 posts, read 2,806,822 times
I love the show even though I do not always think they give the very best advice. The pointy shoes are my least favorite...they are terrible for your feet!

I like the chemistry between Stacy and Clinton a lot. Of course I do not agree with everything they propose...but over all the show is fun and funny and sometimes the make overs are amazing.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:26 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,943,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriaT View Post
At least I hope they give it to charity.
Yes, they donate them to goodwill

I don't get the anti-pointy shoe feeling in here . None of my pointy toe shoes hurt. Some are my most comfy heels. The pointy part starts after your toes, so unless you are wearing the wrong size, they should not squeeze.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:15 PM

3 posts, read 13,964 times
Default Just my opinion; part 2

I do agree with the comment that some of the outfits just look totally uncomfortable. I work in a professional office, and even I don't like the straight pencil skirts and pointy shoes. I could probably do the pointy shoe thing, but not those spiked heels. Who wants to wear those all day long? Not me. And what is so wrong with wearing a really nice pair of jeans? What woman (or man for that matter) wants to dress up just to go to the grocery store? Carmindy may be good at makeup on the women, but she always looks like her own makeup is just caked on; too much, but if you notice, she will do a woman's makeup with absolutely no foundation whatsoever. I don't know, maybe I just think they're all a little on the hypocritical side.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:08 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,479,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

I don't get the anti-pointy shoe feeling in here . None of my pointy toe shoes hurt. Some are my most comfy heels. The pointy part starts after your toes, so unless you are wearing the wrong size, they should not squeeze.

I think this has to do with your body proportions. If you are relatively tall with smallish feet, that's a great look!

I'm 5'2" with size 7.5 feet. To fit into pointy shoes, comfortably, I have to bump up to an 8 or even 8.5. At my height I suddenly look like an elf or a clown with big boat-like shoes.

Not such a good look for me. I look more proportional in a rounded toe.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,109 times
Stacy is SO annoying. She acts like she is better than everybody and she is not much to look at herself. Like the person above me said, I get goosebumps and chills just from the sound of her voice. Her whining is just annoying as hell. Ok show, but please lose the broad.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:36 PM

3,446 posts, read 7,664,635 times
Some people really need the help because they dress too sexy or too old ladyish but some are just being themselves and I think that is better than the shrunken jacket, pointy toes high heels and short soccer mom hairstyle clones that Stacy and Clinton want women to wear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty