U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-09-2007, 09:42 AM
 
1,343 posts, read 4,578,445 times
Reputation: 838

Advertisements

It's "BikeWeek" in the Daytona Beach, Florida area & the local newspaper is doing a daily mini-profile of people with tattoos. Thought it might be interesting to see who has one (or more,) and your opinions, since they've become fairly mainstream.

I used to think tattoos were only for bikers & sailors and was pretty judgmental when I saw people all inked up. Well, attitudes change and I got one a few years ago, in an unobtrusive place. I never would have done it while my mother was alive, she would probably have dis-owned me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-09-2007, 10:14 AM
 
Location: Hopewell New Jersey
1,393 posts, read 6,905,878 times
Reputation: 1010
Let me see if I can phrase this correctly...


I've never met a person with tatoos who given a little bit of time hasn't proven themselves to be a moron.

Still looking for the exception.

Yeah I think that says it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
 
Location: NJ/SC
4,286 posts, read 13,112,370 times
Reputation: 2578
This subject has been discussed, check it out:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/other...ghlight=tatoos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 12:21 PM
 
Location: Rocket City, U.S.A.
1,806 posts, read 4,992,915 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Let me see if I can phrase this correctly...


I've never met a person with tatoos who given a little bit of time hasn't proven themselves to be a moron.

Still looking for the exception.

Yeah I think that says it.


It appears one does not need a tattoo to have this limited mental ability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Marion, IN
8,191 posts, read 27,455,458 times
Reputation: 7078
Personally, I do not care for tattoos or body piercings or pink hair. I just think they lack class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 01:00 PM
 
Location: NJ/SC
4,286 posts, read 13,112,370 times
Reputation: 2578
I really didn't want to get involved in another tattoo debate but.......Evey you and I agree on a lot and have been on here quite awhile but trust me I have class and a very large tattoo. People that lack class..... IMO; litter, yell across a room for someone in public, burp and don't say excuse me, make racist comments, pick their nose, check out other people with their spouse present, don't practice good hygiene, go to work drunk....I can go on but I've described people I've met and none of them have tattoos. I know that's your opinion but it bothers me when people are judged by their looks instead of their character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Near Charlotte, NC
405 posts, read 1,130,255 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
People that lack class..... IMO; litter, yell across a room for someone in public, burp and don't say excuse me, make racist comments, pick their nose, check out other people with their spouse present, don't practice good hygiene, go to work drunk.....
I'd like to add - talk on a cell phone while standing at a urinal, blow their nose at the table while everyone is eating, chew with their mouths open, ask very personal questions that are none of their business in front of a room full of people ....................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 01:15 PM
 
Location: The #1 sunshine state, Arizona.
12,172 posts, read 15,004,541 times
Reputation: 64014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Let me see if I can phrase this correctly...


I've never met a person with tatoos who given a little bit of time hasn't proven themselves to be a moron.

Still looking for the exception.

Yeah I think that says it.

Agreed, but I do love the story of why someone felt the need to be "marked for life" by Tweedy Bird or some other important icon that seems to hold great personal meaning to them. I can only say, spring time is coming and so is the circus, better update your resume'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Near Charlotte, NC
405 posts, read 1,130,255 times
Reputation: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Agreed, but I do love the story of why someone felt the need to be "marked for life" by Tweedy Bird or some other important icon that seems to hold great personal meaning to them.
In the case of tweedy bird it usually starts out "I was really drunk ......... "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Rocket City, U.S.A.
1,806 posts, read 4,992,915 times
Reputation: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I really didn't want to get involved in another tattoo debate but.......Evey you and I agree on a lot and have been on here quite awhile but trust me I have class and a very large tattoo. People that lack class..... IMO; litter, yell across a room for someone in public, burp and don't say excuse me, make racist comments, pick their nose, check out other people with their spouse present, don't practice good hygiene, go to work drunk....I can go on but I've described people I've met and none of them have tattoos. I know that's your opinion but it bothers me when people are judged by their looks instead of their character.
I often try a personal social experiment.

Piercings and tattoos hidden...POOF...then not.

Same person, same place, another time. Often a very different reception.

I am glad for the gracious if cosmetically conservative people in my life that have learned to look beyond the surface.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top