Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:56 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
The gown you mean or the yellowish suit?

I seriously thought she looked like a holiday barbie in that white dress. She has a confidence that makes her able to pull off an outfit or bad dress. It make not be the most flattering thing but I always stop looking at the clothing and go to her face.She is an obviously intelligent woman and thats her forte. Not fashion..lol...But she does dress her little girls so cute and I swear it looks like both of them grew 2 inches since november!

But yeh..dress could of been better but the moment seemed too lovely to notice.
The suit could of had a better shape to it. I think she has problems finding things because she has such a large upper body frame. She made Jay Leno look small. It is seriously hard to find clothing when you are a tall wide framed woman. I secretly dont like to shop with friends with that body type because it kinda takes a lot of fitting room crap and FOREVER.
There you people go again Judging the book by the cover . Take the time to know the person in side and it won't matter wheather or not "You" like the dress or suit they are wearing he was voted in to office to do a job not a fashon show!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 11:41 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,164,918 times
if that were entirely true then why throw a 50 million dollar bash? And I'm sure the clothes weren't free. I'm sure The First Lady thought it important to look Very good. She failed in some ways but this is a Fashion and Beauty thread.
Just saying........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
There you people go again Judging the book by the cover . Take the time to know the person in side and it won't matter wheather or not "You" like the dress or suit they are wearing he was voted in to office to do a job not a fashon show!

Old 01-23-2009, 12:20 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
I was going to ask if anyone thought she might be pregnant, given the style choices (which seem to be a good deal different to how she normally dresses) but now you mention it, the bullproof vests seem to be the most likely answer.

That said, and I don't normally comment on things like this so specifically talking about the clothes and not Michelle because so far I think she's fabulous:

I'd have been all for the day ensemble had it been a bolder colour. Either solid Yellow or solid Lime Green, darker not the washed out mish mash it was. Up close and in person I'm sure it is gorgeous and very suitable and elegant for the occasion but on television it didn't stand out well. In terms of who is dressing her, I think they need to start taking that into consideration a bit better IF we're going to be making her the biggest style icon in the universe from here on in.

As to the white dress, those close up pictures have somewhat improved my impression of the frock but I think it was too frou frou. The beautiful detailing again LOST on television and I think too much of it anyway. I'd have like to have seen it much simpler with less business around the bodice, perhaps more toward the bottom would have been better and I just cannot get excited about the waistline or that shoulder strap in that fabric at all. It looked to me like somebody sprinkled Wilma Flintstone with snow.

Both dresses were very "distracting" visually and made it difficult to get a sense of where she was inside them. Maybe the fabric choices were also dictated by security concerns along with the style?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:30 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I was going to ask if anyone thought she might be pregnant, given the style choices (which seem to be a good deal different to how she normally dresses) but now you mention it, the bullproof vests seem to be the most likely answer.

That said, and I don't normally comment on things like this so specifically talking about the clothes and not Michelle because so far I think she's fabulous:

I'd have been all for the day ensemble had it been a bolder colour. Either solid Yellow or solid Lime Green, darker not the washed out mish mash it was. Up close and in person I'm sure it is gorgeous and very suitable and elegant for the occasion but on television it didn't stand out well. In terms of who is dressing her, I think they need to start taking that into consideration a bit better IF we're going to be making her the biggest style icon in the universe from here on in.

As to the white dress, those close up pictures have somewhat improved my impression of the frock but I think it was too frou frou. The beautiful detailing again LOST on television and I think too much of it anyway. I'd have like to have seen it much simpler with less business around the bodice, perhaps more toward the bottom would have been better and I just cannot get excited about the waistline or that shoulder strap in that fabric at all. It looked to me like somebody sprinkled Wilma Flintstone with snow.

Both dresses were very "distracting" visually and made it difficult to get a sense of where she was inside them. Maybe the fabric choices were also dictated by security concerns along with the style?
DH thought that perhaps Secret Service had her wear body armour under the day dress, there WERE some strange lines under it.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:32 AM

11 posts, read 17,914 times
I luvved the dress i think it was elegant and fashionable...

Old 01-23-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
DH thought that perhaps Secret Service had her wear body armour under the day dress, there WERE some strange lines under it.

Yeah, that seems to be the consensus in the media here too now that everyone's got the chats up about it.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:46 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Yeah, that seems to be the consensus in the media here too now that everyone's got the chats up about it.
which would make sense on why the fit wasnt what it should be......good grief, how do you make anything look good over armor?

Old 01-23-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
which would make sense on why the fit wasnt what it should be......good grief, how do you make anything look good over armor?
Yes! I'm starting to think that's why they chose the colours and patterns they did also. That day dress, which I liked but for the colour, was really difficult to focus on for long periods of time, especially as she was moving about.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:53 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,391 times
I hope no Secret Service people are watching this thread !

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Oh thanks for posting that link. Some nice pics. I love the one where they are dancing on the Seal.

Have I mentioned my "skinny dudes in tuxedos" fetish?

The new Prez is a hottie. And I mean that in the most respectful way!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:59 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
First Ladies Fashion Quiz:

First Lady Fashion Quiz - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

Have Fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty