Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,419 times

Advertisements

Do you guys ever spend way too much money when you go shopping, even if you were just looking for one thing? I was looking for a new top online, and I literally ended up buying tons of stuff.

Please tell me this happens to you, too? What are your favorite items to splurge on?

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-30-2011 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: Brand-new members ay not post links or recommendations, sorry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 09:39 PM

541 posts, read 941,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aduncan View Post
Do you guys ever spend way too much money when you go shopping, even if you were just looking for one thing? I was looking for a new top online, and I literally ended up buying tons of stuff.

Please tell me this happens to you, too? What are your favorite items to splurge on?

Yes I always spend too much money.... I buy alot of everything.

Last edited by JustJulia; 09-30-2011 at 08:18 AM..

Old 09-30-2011, 07:31 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
I'm not a bulk spender, I spread it across, much like grocery shopping. But if you sum my yearly clothing expenses up, it sort of gets up there

I have no regrets coz each time I make a buy I buy the best thing out there, the one that fits me like a glove. So, no waste of money there.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:24 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Shoes are usually the biggest indulgence in my clothing budget. No regrets though, I prefer a good pair of shoes on my feet and the brands I buy are made to last a long time if you take proper care of them.

I also like certain brands of Sportcoats and blazers, but I try to find them on sale or at an outlet mall, I rarely if ever pay retail for clothing with the exception of shoes.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:35 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aduncan View Post

^^^It depends on my mood and/or what my expenses are. I won't over-extend myself if I have other priorities.

However, I do make great effort not to pay retail. I love outlets, etc....or online sites that provide discounted prices.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:53 AM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
I love ebay for clothing. Even if it's slightly used, I can get quality brands that I usually couldn't afford.

No, I don't spend much--it feels good at first but when the bills come in, not so good.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:55 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
I love beautiful clothes, and sometimes I do spend too much...but if I know it's an investment piece, I suck it back. I love my clothes, and shoes.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
I love beautiful clothes, and sometimes I do spend too much...but if I know it's an investment piece, I suck it back. I love my clothes, and shoes.
There's nothing like spending to much for fashionistas/divas

Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM

By the way, antler man's physique has been shrinking lately, but in a good way, where I've been getting that elusive V-shaped torso, slowly and legibly.

And I have been thinking it's time to amuse myself with some slim fit sweater vests, like this one, to go with my fitted shirts. Fall's around the corner.

There are vests out there from major brands, but none of those are fitted like the way I want it, but I'm still on the hunt.

I already won the bid on an item, and I'm scratching my stubble on this one

Mens Luxury Slim fit Gardigan Argyle Pattern Vest Knit | eBay

It's not letting me get the picture of the item I won, but it looks similar.

So, when I spend, it's never bulky, it's sprinklings like this here and there.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:57 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
There's nothing like spending to much for fashionistas/divas
Thank you. You are hot, as usual
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty