U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:00 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,470,081 times

Advertisements

If price is not an option, I recommend Shiseido Benefiance creamy cleansing foam. It cleans the dirt/makeup off of your skin completely just like soap and leaves your skin somewhat hydrated. There's no slimy afterfeel like from the cheap "moisturizing" cleansers. I always use a moisturizer anyway, so I like my cleanser to actually clean my skin. Shiseido is great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 06:47 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,574,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
If price is not an option, I recommend Shiseido Benefiance creamy cleansing foam.
I bought the Cetaphil because it does the job and it's cheap. Next time I'll buy the store brand. I'm eating mac & cheese these days, so I count every penny. The days of Shiseido cleanser are over for me.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:56 PM

2,502 posts, read 2,751,828 times
My two-cents worth: I have used Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for some years. I do like the feel of it. However, I am sorry to say it does not remove emollients like Aquaphor which means it would also not remove Vaseline or any other such product. I do not use Aquaphor all over my face, only on certain dry spots. But it does not wash away when I rub and rinse. I lather and massage it in with my finger tips. Then I rinse it away. Yet, when my skin is dry, I run my fingers over those treated areas and that Aquaphor is still there.

Rinse? That part of the instructions puzzles me. I've never massaged the product into my skin and just left it there as they suggest. If your skin needs a "bath", doesn't it need rinsing to remove whatever was there? Just wondering.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:23 PM

26,966 posts, read 28,339,721 times
I used Cetaphil many years ago and my skin didn’t feel clean. Nowadays I use an oil cleanser. Still gentle and my skin feels clean.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:02 PM

10,318 posts, read 14,198,849 times
Ladies: try Cera Ve
Very nice.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:37 PM

30,885 posts, read 9,238,816 times
Cetaphil cleanser was always white. I don't know what the OP means by "creamy-colored," but its color is the same as it's always been.

Old Yesterday, 06:21 AM

2,502 posts, read 2,751,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Cetaphil cleanser was always white. I don't know what the OP means by "creamy-colored," but its color is the same as it's always been.

Hmmm? My Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser is an almost clear creamy color. Maybe could be called a light tan. But certainly never white. The bottle is white. Their bar soap is white. But this gel style is not. Perhaps a different version?

P, S. Whoa! Retraction. After posting the above I got to thinking. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser used to be clear. So I went into the bathroom and, at the tub area where there is very little light and squeezed out some. Creamy color. I then went over to the sink where there are five light bulbs glaring down. Clear. No color whatsoever. Just a cloudiness.

As any artist could tell us, light affects color. My apologies, Delahanty.

Last edited by Hazel W; Yesterday at 07:00 AM..

Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM

319 posts, read 91,360 times
I struggle with acne and my dermatologist recommended Cetaphil years ago. I use the Gentle cleanser type not the other one with the weird odor. I don't buy brand name stuff anymore and have done fine with the knock-off "store brand" ones. I don't tend to use it when my skin is broken out though. If I'm having active breakouts I use the orange liquid salicylic acid acne wash. Neutrogena has one but the store brand knockoff one is cheaper and works fine. You don't need expensive products.

Old Today, 11:38 AM

1,154 posts, read 408,529 times
I used to love the antibacterial soap but they stopped making it last year when the government banned the ingredient. SMDH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty