Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 03:19 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,958,473 times

Advertisements

A female I know recently told me young women are not shaving as much. She said they don't shave their underarms, bush & sometimes their legs. It is suppose to be the "In" thing. That is her words & not mine. She said it is gross. It don't bother me one way or the other but shaved legs are a must.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 04:51 PM

1,815 posts, read 1,405,971 times
kibblesandbits, I successfully lightened up the black hair on my arms and legs by using Nads Natural Hair Removal Gel (Home | Unwanted Hair: Nad's Hair Removal). It's much easier (and faster) than wax, once you get the hang of not using too much or too little. I also used it on legs and armpits, until Spousal Unit could no longer handle ripping out the pit hair for me.

Anyway, my arm hair is still there, but much lighter and finer. Looks completely normal, but I no longer look like my brother....

Old 06-14-2017, 10:40 AM

1,683 posts, read 3,937,867 times
Default wax

I found after I had my legs waxed several summers in a row the hair is lighter in texture and there are some bare spots that never grew back... I haven't waxed in a few years and I still see the difference. My arms seemed to grow long length hair and I started shaving them a few years back - just a quick slip up and down in the shower every 4-5 days and they stay clean. I need to go back to waxing my legs - they feel so nice and clean!!

Old 06-14-2017, 10:45 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,961,430 times
Lately, within the last couple of months, I've been using Nair on my legs, bikini area, and underarms. (I've even very carefully used it on my eyebrows.)

I wish I'd started using the stuff years ago. Everything stays hair free a lot longer than it ever did shaving, and it's so fast and easy to put it on and take it off.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:52 PM

554 posts, read 620,582 times
Maybe you should get your legs waxed it will last longer.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:49 PM

20,703 posts, read 19,851,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibblesandbits View Post
While I'm not hirsuite by any means, I have more body hair than the average woman. This has always been a problem for me. In grade school I was teased all the time because of the hair on my arms and legs. I started shaving in second grade!

Now my legs only last one-two days before I need to shave again, and the stubble is thick and coarse. I wax my eyebrows and mustache, and I probably should start to wax my chin. I don't have much of a problem with other facial hair or sideburns. And I don't have a problem with hair on my torso, but my arm hair is very noticeable.

It doesn't help that I'm a brunette with very fast-growing hair. When I get my eyebrows waxed, it's only a week until the hair has completely grown back.

Anyone else? Does it ever take a toll on your self-esteem? I feel like I've developed a bit of social anxiety because of it.
I am right there with you. Exactly same issue.

Doesn't affect my self esteem. It is a problem but it is something I can influence and get rid of.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:50 PM

20,703 posts, read 19,851,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Lately, within the last couple of months, I've been using Nair on my legs, bikini area, and underarms. (I've even very carefully used it on my eyebrows.)

I wish I'd started using the stuff years ago. Everything stays hair free a lot longer than it ever did shaving, and it's so fast and easy to put it on and take it off.
Hm, you are using a chemical cream? Not so sure what to think of that. Just by using common sense, it sounds unhealthy.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:02 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,947,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Hm, you are using a chemical cream? Not so sure what to think of that. Just by using common sense, it sounds unhealthy.
Unless you have sensitive skin, Nair is perfectly safe to use.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:11 PM

50,339 posts, read 35,975,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Unless you have sensitive skin, Nair is perfectly safe to use.
I can't stand using it, I feel so itchy while I'm waiting the 10 minutes or whatever it is, and I never know what to do with myself while I'm waiting...I end up walking around bow-legged, trying not to scratch, lol.

My leg hair is pretty light thank goodness, but I am on hormone replacement, and while it has helped tremendously with how I feel, it has given me dark hairs on my chin, cheeks, chest, etc. I need to get it waxed but I can't let it grow long enough, I am addicted to my tweezer, lol.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:22 AM

15,202 posts, read 10,210,220 times
When I was younger & single I shaved my legs everyday even in the winter up north. I'm Italian and we are usually dark & hairy. I can't stand the feel of stubble. Now I shave 2 or 3 times a week as the hair doesn't seem to grow back as fast. I do arms, underarms, legs and bikini area.

My poor granddaughter is only 8 and has already been teased about her moustache. I've been using one of those little trimmers that are sold for nose & ear hair on her and she could definitely shave her legs as they are very hairy for an 8 year old but I don't want her to have to start doing that at such a young age. When she's a little older, I would think waxing that virgin hair would probably work best for her but I only tried waxing once, it hurt and I had red spots at every follicle for days. Never did it again. The old time epilady worked if you could tolerate the pain, I hear they are much better these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty