U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 03:43 PM

10 posts, read 16,057 times

Advertisements

I'm fairly new to the area and came across this forum trying to get some info on a package that was presented to me by a few girls today in the Waterford area. It seemed like a really good deal but it sounded too good to be true. They gave me a flyer which had the website and it looks legitimate but I'm just curious if these $60 spa packages are common and/or legit.

I don't want to make it seem like these girls weren't professional or nice because they certainly were but it just seemed unreal to get all those services for $60. This may all be common place to Orlando so maybe it's a stupid question but just wondered if any of you have had experiences with this company because I'd love to buy one if it's real. Thanks for any help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 09:57 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,419,134 times
Yeah that is really cheap.. A massage alone typically cost $40-60 depending on how long. The package can run up to $200.00 depending on what you get. I would do some investigating first (they might try to do hidden charges, lol).

Old 03-08-2009, 07:07 AM

10 posts, read 16,057 times
My thoughts exactly! I mean, here's what they said you get...

A cut or style, foot therapy and manicure/pedicure, a facial treatment, 35min swedish massage and digital permanent makeup which they said I can switch for a lipotron session. Not really into permanent makeup. lol

I actually called the spa directly yesterday to see and she assured me that $60 was all I needed to pay. The only catch was I needed to schedule the services on different days. She said they hired a marketing company that offers this promotion to attract new business to her spa. This company has a few different packages on their website. I tried to call a medspa they have listed too but they were already closed.

I think I'm going to take a shot. No negative comments on this forum and the spa confirmed the promotion plus those girls yesterday were really nice and professional. I don't see any red flags other than it being so cheap which right now, isn't a bad thing.

I just realized this isn't in the Orlando, FL section. I went to Orlando then saw the announcement for Fashion and Beauty and clicked it assuming it was still in Orlando. I'm new to this forum but not to forums so want to make a note to the moderators. Sorry!

Last edited by NCBettyBoop; 03-08-2009 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: Wrong forum section

Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,030 times
Yea, I used to make the website for a spa/salon promotions company, the spa/salon agrees to give their services for free to the spa/salon promotions company to get new recruits to come to their salon/spa hoping they would return and the spa/salon promotions company pays their salesperson $30, and keeps the other $30 for administration. Check it out. [url=http://www.spatreats.org]Spa Treats, Online.[/url].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty