U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which designer do you think makes the best purses??
Gucci 5 8.06%
Hermès 12 19.35%
Louis Vuitton 6 9.68%
Coach 11 17.74%
Burberry 0 0%
Prada 3 4.84%
Vera Bradley 0 0%
Fendi 2 3.23%
Chanel 5 8.06%
Tory Burch 1 1.61%
Etro 0 0%
Kate Spade 3 4.84%
Tod's 1 1.61%
Cole Haan 5 8.06%
Dooney & Bourke 6 9.68%
Wilson's Leather 0 0%
Other 19 30.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2009, 10:53 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,981,848 times
Hermès is classic. I love some of the new Burberry Prorsum bags, as well as Gustto and Rebecca Minkoff. I do not care for Coach at all, they're everywhere. I would only give vintage Coach a second glance, personally. This "new Jackie" Gucci bag has really caught my eye:

Gucci - 2009 Spring Summer handbags
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 AM

30 posts, read 40,567 times
You can't go wrong with the classics like LV, Gucci, Chanel, and Fendi. I bought a Tory Burch bag a few months ago and I'm not sick of it yet. I also stock up on L.A.M.B. bags. I get all the different colors, heh. The brand is overlooked but I love it. The clutches are convertible so it's almost two designs in one!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:59 PM

412 posts, read 1,206,649 times
marc jacobs (i guess you could say LV since he designs most of their bags now)

Old 04-10-2009, 02:34 PM

90 posts, read 184,792 times
I love LV bags, I only managed to buy one of them and it was 5 years ago when the economy was good and I got nice bonuses. I haven't bought another bag since. It's good old basic Damier canvas and it still looks like new! There is something to be said about their canvas bags: they are durable, lightweight and classic as these designs have been around for years and years. I never have to worry about where I am putting my bag, protecting it from the weather elements, or anything else. I even had a piece of gum stuck to it once and was able to successfully remove it without leaving any stain. I can't say any leather bag would last that long and still look great. Even though it's expensive, the money you spend on it goes a long way. And the most ironic thing - I can still sell it to get some money out of it. Leather bags or fabric bags simply don't hold their shape as well and therefore lose value. LV has an established name and will keep its value for years to come.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:41 AM

2 posts, read 4,019 times
Need hand bag store? There has lot of Different variety western handbags like rhinestone western handbags, wholesale handbags, zebra print handbags, longhorn handbags, hair on hide handbags, rhinestone cross handbags etc. are available at wholesale prices.
http://www.wholesalebyatlas.com/category.jhtm?cid=5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty