Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2009, 03:39 AM

65 posts, read 491,522 times

Advertisements

what are the differences between brands like 7 for all mankind, true religion, rock and republic, citizens for humanity etc.? like in terms of fit, cutting and quality? I realize that while obviously they are all more expensive than say, levi's, true religion seems to be more expensive than the rest.. are TR jeans better than the rest?

Which is your favorite and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 10:52 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,174,173 times
I buy jeans for "the pants I dont care if I mess them up" So levi and gap for me. I would not be happy about messing up expensive jeans. I think its a trend thing really.

When anyone likes something that is "the best" its for their body type. Go by that.

TR is nice. But not nice enough for the price for me. They do hold up very well and the dyes really stick. Thats what I noticed in $$$ jeans over regular jeans. But they are so trendy they will be dated before you wear them out. If you have the money do try them. At least go to a store and try them on. Dont buy a dupe on ebay.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:55 AM

4,720 posts, read 15,559,765 times
I just bought a great fitting pair of "7" jeans at "T J MAXX" for 29.99. I looked in a 3 way mirror and couldnt believe that was my arse looking so good.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:09 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,186,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I just bought a great fitting pair of "7" jeans at "T J MAXX" for 29.99. I looked in a 3 way mirror and couldnt believe that was my arse looking so good.
Pictures.....PLEASE...

Old 03-11-2009, 09:21 AM

41,737 posts, read 74,703,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Good for you!

Old 03-11-2009, 05:22 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,356,541 times
I wear Rock & Republics because they tend to manufacturer longer inseams, plus I love their pocket designs.

Premium denium can be a real pain to shop for because different washes and styles can run drasitically different size wise, so a size 26 in one wash could really fit a size 28.

There are messageboards that are geared just towards premium denim. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the address. The members on those boards are very knowledgeable.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,934,361 times
You need to try on every single pair that you're thinking of buying---even 2 identical brands will fit differently...try them on, and if they fit, feel good, and look good, buy them! Doesn't matter what the "brand" is---you buy jeans because they LOOK good---not because of the name on the tag!

Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,120,870 times
My favorite jeans tend to be cheap, $20 jeans I get at Forever 21 or something, haha. I don't find my more expensive ones to always wash or wear better, honestly. When it comes to cut, different shaped women will favor different brands of course.

The only one of those brands you listed that impressed me are Citizens of Humanity. They are flattering and they wash really well & retain their shape....they still look like new.

I like Levis too, but they changed their cut recently & now they don't work for my body. I also find Levis to lose their shape after so many washings too.

Express makes nice quality, flattering jeans, and they are very affordable during sales. I haven't met a woman yet who says they don't flatter her....but they run big, so if you're thin that can be an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty