U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 03:19 AM

8,245 posts, read 9,393,892 times
Next thing ya know she'll be asking you to shave. Down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 03:48 AM

2,059 posts, read 3,306,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKing78 View Post
My girlfriend recently bought my first pair of sandals ever. I balked at first since I never really wore them before, but I have to admit that they are comfortable. She thinks they look good on me and now she wants me to go with her to get a pedicure. Should I go along with it? In the past I would have thought that this was a bit too feminine... but she seems to really want me to go.

Although I enjoy the comfort and freedom of sandals, I have to admit I am still a bit uncomfortable wearing them in public especially around people I know. Is there still any kind of a stigma with guys wearing sandals or is it pretty much normal now?
because she wants you to pay for her pedicure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU13MRtSD7E

Old 03-16-2009, 04:29 AM

1,008 posts, read 165,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
I actually find guys who wear cowboy boots 24/7 to be less attractive than flip-flop guys. I can't help but think that cowboy boot dudes are trying to make up for their lack of confidence in their sexualities. But, Mr. IHateMetrosexuals, I'll happily give you a dye job. I think purple and blue would go great against your camo.

OP: So long as she isn't pressuring you into it - "You have to get a pedicure or else!" - I say go for it.

I normally wear standard shoes. The cowboy boots are part of my "once or twice a month" rotation. Other than that, I wear waterproof hunting boots if it there is a heap of snow or standing water outside.

I'm wearing sandals right now but that's because I just woke up and I am walking around the house. When I go outside I'll be wearing appropriate outdoor footwear. Not to mention it is presently 31 degrees outside.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:37 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,956,899 times
I just run through the lower 40 bare foot where the cow pies and horse droppings are.
No sandels. No flip flops. Nature takes care of the pedicure and the skin tone
Stones, thistles, callauses, make strong healthy feet.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:46 AM

1,008 posts, read 165,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post
I just run through the lower 40 bare foot where the cow pies and horse droppings are.
No sandels. No flip flops. Nature takes care of the pedicure and the skin tone
Stones, thistles, callauses, make strong healthy feet.

If that's really the case I have but one question for you sir...

Got ringworms much?

My father suggests perhaps you drove your car to the borders of various states, ran across, got back in your car, went to the borders of two other states, parked, ran across, etc, and repeated this until you reached your magic number.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:16 AM

6,040 posts, read 6,568,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Got ringworms much?
Ringworm is a fungus and has nothing to do with worms ! Many folks can get ringworm from petting outdoor barn cats, not from going barefoot !

Old 03-16-2009, 11:56 AM

8,183 posts, read 11,235,568 times
I say go ahead and get the pedicure. I give them to my husband all the time and he's no girly man.

He's secure in his manhood so he doesn't feel the need to call other men pansies for liking them.

They feel great!

Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 PM

7,237 posts, read 7,913,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
Ringworm is a fungus and has nothing to do with worms ! Many folks can get ringworm from petting outdoor barn cats, not from going barefoot !
You can pick it up a lot of ways: from animals, infected clothing, locker rooms and going barefoot. Better to barefoot some places outside than in a locker room ::::::shudder::::::::

Old 03-16-2009, 04:20 PM

1,234 posts, read 1,483,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
If that's really the case I have but one question for you sir...

Got ringworms much?
More like "got hookworms much?"

Old 03-16-2009, 04:35 PM

2,065 posts, read 4,191,746 times
I went barefoot all summer long for decades and never got critters. I made the mistake of renting an apt. with carpeting, that was the worst thing I ever did to my feet. It sissified them to where it will take some work to go out and toughen them up again.

I think flip flops are the worst dumbest footgear I've ever seen. People wear them on planes, in cities, everywhere. Utterly weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty