U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 AM

27,996 posts, read 46,373,100 times

Advertisements

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey is drawing the line when it comes to bikini waxing. The state Board of Cosmetology and Hairstyling is moving toward a ban on genital waxing altogether after two women reported being injured in their quest for a smooth bikini line.

Both women were hospitalized for infections following so-called "Brazilian" bikini waxes; one of the women has filed a lawsuit, according to Jeff Lamm, a spokesman for New Jersey's Division of Consumer Affairs, which oversees the cosmetology board.

NJ considers ban on bare-it-all 'Brazilian' wax
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 04:45 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,516,824 times
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. People get Brazilians all the time.

Old 03-20-2009, 04:54 PM

2,464 posts, read 5,687,770 times
Ouch.

Are they talking about a "full" wax... I can't tell from the article? Okay, I just googled it... basically bare w/ or w/o a little landing strip. Bound to have injuries - I don't think it should be outlawed though...

Old 03-20-2009, 05:18 PM

1,367 posts, read 4,975,014 times
That is ridiculous that they may ban it. I mean, who cares? Personally I don't think it's anyone's business if someone wants to have it done and someone licensed is willing to do it. Women will just travel across state lines anyways. Besides, you can get infected from waxing anywhere, not just "down there."

Old 03-20-2009, 06:34 PM

Let us not forget the 'back, crack, and sack" wax for men. Gotta have it.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:50 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,149,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Most definitely. I've always wondered if eventually American women will evolve at some point to no longer have hair anywhere below the neck.... Would make life SO much easier!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:37 PM

8,780 posts, read 16,248,821 times
Quote:

I can understand shaving the back if it's hairy. I can understand a little bit of manscaping in the groin, but a full shave? No thanks. Same goes for the crack, the idea of shaving that, stinks, IMHO.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post

I can understand shaving the back if it's hairy. I can understand a little bit of manscaping in the groin, but a full shave? No thanks. Same goes for the crack, the idea of shaving that, stinks, IMHO.
Thus, we do not shave it. The crack is waxed as are the sacks.

The immediate result is the look of the plucked chicken, but that disappears shortly.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 PM

1,367 posts, read 4,975,014 times
Quote:
Thus, we do not shave it. The crack is waxed as are the sacks.

The immediate result is the look of the plucked chicken, but that disappears shortly.
Eww. Seems like it would get stubbly after the plucked chicken look... either way, it can't be good! For men I think some subtle trimming is all that's necessary.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:13 AM
miu

16,469 posts, read 33,431,905 times
I wonder if those two women had really thick hair down there? When the hairs are thick, there is more of a problem with waxing and plucking. Those with thin hair are luckier when it comes to hair removal.
But I think the current obsession with doing away with all body hair below the scalp is really tragic. All I shave is my underarms. All I expect from my boyfriend is a clean shaven face and neck. There's no need to spend so much time grooming ones body in such a way. Being a little naturally hairy is the least of our body issues. We have record high percentages of people and children that are obese, then another group of women that are anorexic. Let's work on all of us having a toned healthy body first. I think that there are more productive things to do with our time than examining every square inch of our bodies for errant stray hairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty