U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-07-2009, 12:22 AM
 
5,581 posts, read 8,208,966 times
Reputation: 5636

Advertisements

The fake nails are what really astonish me. I cringe when I see moms with these babies and they have these horrendous fake nails. Yikes!

The fake tan always looks odd, too. Their baby is pearl white and there those moms are - orange or crispy-fried. Sheesh.

And I suppose we have Old Spice (Posh) to thank for that stupid haircut you see so many moms having right now... shorter in the back than in the front. Does it have a name? I'm so sick of that haircut. It's either that, or it's highlighted and just overly processed. Or both.

And what I really giggle at is when you hear people talking about how they love how "natural" some sort of cosmetic treatment looks. "It looks natural!" Uh-huh... sure it does!

And then they drive off in their hybrid... or they talk about how they are recycling... or eating organic... or whatever... they talk about trying to do good things for the environment... and I cringe again because they just. don't. get it. do they...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 PM
 
Location: The Shires
2,257 posts, read 696,975 times
Reputation: 1050
If you're a mom, you should dress reasonably responsibly, end of story. Why would you want to be seen in public with your kids, dressed like a 19 year old hooker? I just don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Florida
6,270 posts, read 12,423,664 times
Reputation: 4545
Isn't it up to an individual to determine what is reasonable ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
If you're a mom, you should dress reasonably responsibly, end of story. Why would you want to be seen in public with your kids, dressed like a 19 year old hooker? I just don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2009, 09:50 AM
 
Location: Northeast TN
3,885 posts, read 5,307,579 times
Reputation: 3511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Don't people look for a ring? Seriously?
No, some don't. And they don't care even when you point it out or tell them you are married/in a relationship. It's really annoying when you are going out to just hang out with friends.

I have to agree with Amanda and jkoop, wear what you want and don't care what a stranger thinks - most of the time their opinion is influenced by jealousy anyway. I love the shorts, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2009, 09:54 AM
 
3,425 posts, read 6,363,667 times
Reputation: 1862
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post

And I suppose we have Old Spice (Posh) to thank for that stupid haircut you see so many moms having right now... shorter in the back than in the front. Does it have a name? I'm so sick of that haircut. It's either that, or it's highlighted and just overly processed. Or both.

...
Asymmetric Bob.

It would drive me crazy to wear my hair like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2009, 07:49 PM
 
Location: The Shires
2,257 posts, read 696,975 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
Isn't it up to an individual to determine what is reasonable ?
Of course, but if you're out with your kids, you owe it to them to at least dress like an adult, not a 19 year old hooker. I see too many "moms" dressing this way. I think it sets a bad example to their children. If you want to dress like that, just do it when you're not around your children...what's so hard about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2009, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Florida
6,270 posts, read 12,423,664 times
Reputation: 4545
guess it's all in individual perception. Some hookers dress pretty good

No, but seriously-maybe someone doesn't know you would think they have on hooker clothes.
See?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
Of course, but if you're out with your kids, you owe it to them to at least dress like an adult, not a 19 year old hooker. I see too many "moms" dressing this way. I think it sets a bad example to their children. If you want to dress like that, just do it when you're not around your children...what's so hard about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-09-2009, 09:05 PM
 
Location: The Shires
2,257 posts, read 696,975 times
Reputation: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
guess it's all in individual perception. Some hookers dress pretty good
I wouldn't know, of course
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2009, 03:06 AM
 
5,581 posts, read 8,208,966 times
Reputation: 5636
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
Asymmetric Bob.

It would drive me crazy to wear my hair like that.
Thank you! And me, too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2009, 03:33 AM
 
Location: Honolulu, HI
704 posts, read 863,893 times
Reputation: 567
If the mom is good looking I have 0 objection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:02 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top