Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:07 PM

88 posts, read 259,396 times

Advertisements

I have this warm weather dilemma. I have never been a sandals guy at all, but shoes and socks in warm weather is a habit more than a preference by now. My feet itch and sweat too much in them which can be uncomfortable. I see all the girls and about half the guys my age wearing flip flops and sandals now, so figuring I am missing out on comfort and I bought some flip flops.

I have worn them on occassion but never got used to them. I am thinking I should just start wearing them everyday and they would not feel as awkward after a while? My feet are very weak since I have always worn sneakers and socks all summer, so I think it is a matter of getting used to the feel and building up strength in the tendons. Since everyone else wears them without a problem, I am guessing they just take some seasoning so to speak. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:34 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,149 times
I cant stand flip flops because it always hurts between my toes. Try some Birkenstock sandals - your feet will feel great.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
I cant stand flip flops because it always hurts between my toes. Try some Birkenstock sandals - your feet will feel great.

Thanks for the suggestion. Something like this?

http://www.birkenstockusa.com/products/men/sandals/arizona/soft-footbed-tan-microfiber/45176 (broken link)

Honestly they don't look too comfortable. Are they more comfortable than they look?

Last edited by dude2136; 04-15-2009 at 09:36 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 PM

515 posts, read 1,329,889 times
Eventually you get used to the in-between toe thing. Sometimes you can get the ones that are lined with a softer material in between the toes. More expensive, but if the toe thing bugs you it may be worth it.

Flip flops never bother me...maybe I have thick skin in there, haha.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:53 PM

893 posts, read 1,579,355 times
Place vaseline in between your toes.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
Eventually you get used to the in-between toe thing. Sometimes you can get the ones that are lined with a softer material in between the toes. More expensive, but if the toe thing bugs you it may be worth it.

Flip flops never bother me...maybe I have thick skin in there, haha.
Do you have any suggestions as far as what kind to buy? Bought some cheap ones from Target but they are uncomfortable. Been thinking about buying Teva flops, a little more pricey but perhaps more comfortable.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 PM

515 posts, read 1,329,889 times
I like the ones with the wicker bottoms rather than plastic. They wear in nice grooves and are usually pretty soft.

You can get them pretty cheap. I think I got some from Kohl's for 4.00

Old 04-15-2009, 10:41 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,538,654 times
I don't ever wear anything that goes in between my toes, it's too annoying. Fortunately, they make lots of sandals that don't.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry251 View Post
I like the ones with the wicker bottoms rather than plastic. They wear in nice grooves and are usually pretty soft.

You can get them pretty cheap. I think I got some from Kohl's for 4.00
ok thanks for the suggestion

Old 04-16-2009, 06:36 AM

253 posts, read 805,335 times
Default i hear ya

in the south...you do what ya can to keep cool, ive always hated flip flops cuz of the toe thingy, but i have found the soft spongy or padded cloth toe part to be more comfy, i look also for pair that is also soft under the feet, nothen worse then feeling like your walken on a 2x4 with another between the toes!!
usually thou, i go barefoot when i can, me and hubby have always loved the over the toe sandles, not sure what they are called, but they was popular for years, we called them jesus sandels, walmart ones was kinda hard, but there was some we had that was a comfy joy to wear, we just cant find them anymore!!
if you prefer to wear socks and sneakers, try socks that have wick away material, keeps sweat away and feet dry, and sneakers that aremade with breathable material verses all leather ones, and last but not least...powder sneakers daily with babypowder, goldbond or oder eaters, and another trick, powder your feet, especially between toes each day before you put on sneakers, its a cheap way to keep dry if youdont want to fork out for wick away socks and lighter sneakers.
this works great all year long, especially with boot wearers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty