U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:49 PM

5,343 posts, read 9,181,852 times

Advertisements

OMG... if it got to the point that you really HAD to wear one, would this REALLY be a concern????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 PM

730 posts, read 1,384,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
I have already seen a few people walking around with a face mask to protect them from the spread of swine flu. It was ugly and not very fashionable. It did not match their shoes.

I wonder if anyone is already working on a fashionable and attractive swine flu mask. It seems like a money maker to me!

OMG, you are too funny! Thanks for my laugh of the day! Dulce & Gabanna anyone??

Old 04-28-2009, 11:14 PM

985 posts, read 1,732,727 times
I'm surprised Hello Kitty hasn't produced Swine Flu Masks, it would probably be Sanrio's first useful product

Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 PM

439 posts, read 1,173,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
I have already seen a few people walking around with a face mask to protect them from the spread of swine flu. It was ugly and not very fashionable. It did not match their shoes.

I wonder if anyone is already working on a fashionable and attractive swine flu mask. It seems like a money maker to me!
Maybe we need to contact Gucci or LV to get them to start producing some face masks now....just in case.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:27 AM

9,000 posts, read 8,883,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
I'm surprised Hello Kitty hasn't produced Swine Flu Masks, it would probably be Sanrio's first useful product
I'd be the first to buy it. I LOVE Hello Kitty!!
When/if it gets to Japan...I'm sure we'll see some.
Surprised we didn't see any with that whole bird flu.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 1,880 times
Just be happy with what you would get and if you really wanted a nice one make it yourself and put designs on it

Old 05-01-2009, 02:35 AM

23 posts, read 63,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I'd be the first to buy it. I LOVE Hello Kitty!!
When/if it gets to Japan...I'm sure we'll see some.
Surprised we didn't see any with that whole bird flu.
Just a hello kitty thing:
http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/FK429
They have a lot of different Hello Kitty things

LVT already makes them:
http://weeklyworldnews.com/celebs/79...er-face-masks/

"Louis Vuitton is offering facemasks with his trademark print. The masks are made of Italian leather, Egyptian cotton, and the finest Kentucky charcoal. Beware of imitation knock offs that are already available in New York’s Chinatown."

Sarah J Parker is going to release some with target according to that article.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:15 PM

14,874 posts, read 23,658,119 times
I was at the dentist yesterday and noticed their masks were the baby blue but w/ blue flowers on them. I also noticed the nail salons have ones that are all different. They might make their own because they seemed to be thicker than they normally are. They used to only have the disposable kinds but yesterday they had thicker ones w/ all kinds of patterns on them. More of a regular fabric.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:21 PM

1,806 posts, read 3,736,139 times
I remember a Burberry knock-off when SARS first became a concern...

Old 05-03-2009, 07:24 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 11,939,253 times
LOL

Please tell me we're the only country where everything is centered around and designed around our looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty