U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:56 AM

3 posts, read 6,032 times

Advertisements

good one edspace. i hated the dorky bummy shorts look as soon as it came out. but repressed americans ate it up. and kc6zlv, you are mostly right on except about the richard simmons comment. first of all, short shorts were already popular for men. mr simmons did not invent them nor did he do a thing to make them popluar. he did however, see that they functioned really well during workouts. this was him joining a trend and he should not be considered the icon of short shorts wearing men nor should they be associated only with gay men. also, they should'nt just be for working out. i am not endorsing anything indecent like in the pic i saw on this website but if people would just loosen up then guys would be able to feel much cooler and comfortable even when in town as well as at our beaches, pools, parks and gyms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 08:32 AM

7,653 posts, read 14,724,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
I consider shorts to be "play-clothes for children," not for anyone past the mid-teens... unless of course a person is gardening, playing sports, etc.
What do you do, then, when the weather's hot?

(Of course, I can't tell where you're from, as you put a nonsense answer in the location field...one of my pet peeves)

Old 07-23-2010, 05:48 PM

242 posts, read 224,126 times
What irks me the most is that women can wear whatever they want, while men have been relegated to having to wear extremely uncomfortable clothing, especially during the summer
Board shorts down to below my knees? Thanks, but no thanks. For that, I'll just wear long pants and suffer in the heat.

What's wrong with short shorts for men? I'd wear them daily, if America weren't such a repressed society in which people are forced to dress a certain way, or be called "****" or "homos".

When it comes to comfort in relation to clothes, men have definitely got the short end of the s**t stick.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:25 PM

335 posts, read 1,099,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Your.Decision View Post
What irks me the most is that women can wear whatever they want, while men have been relegated to having to wear extremely uncomfortable clothing, especially during the summer
Board shorts down to below my knees? Thanks, but no thanks. For that, I'll just wear long pants and suffer in the heat.

What's wrong with short shorts for men? I'd wear them daily, if America weren't such a repressed society in which people are forced to dress a certain way, or be called "****" or "homos".

When it comes to comfort in relation to clothes, men have definitely got the short end of the s**t stick.
Not this man ! I have been wearing mid-thigh shorts ( normal shorts) for the past 3 years.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:51 AM

15,220 posts, read 23,697,564 times
Quote:

Oh yeah seriously, American men here are so backward it isn't even funny...... shorts in the summer which sounds logical to me......
Your right women can wear anything (a look horrible) but when a man does it.....oh nooo....

it is just sickening already.......americans here really need to lighten up on this fashion stuff...

Old 07-27-2010, 04:24 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,383,439 times
Quote:

I somewhat agree with you. Even if a guy has hairy legs (which I think look nice, by the way) or some extra fat, I think he can look nice in shorter shorts. I liked seeing my husband in short shorts. It's cute, and I really hope they come back in style. I'm a little tired of the loose baggy look for guys.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:45 PM

774 posts, read 1,635,213 times
Has anybody heard of Yimps?

Old 09-14-2010, 06:31 PM

219 posts, read 440,196 times
Hell, I like shaving my legs and wearing shorter shorts. Being on the short side at 5'6", I hate those long baggy shorts. While I certainly don't go around wearing booty shorts (at least when I'm dressed as a guy), I like my shorts to be mid thigh or to just above the knee.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:58 PM

3 posts, read 6,203 times
Yes I hope, finally, it's about time that the trend has started to change. I am actually slightly relieved.

It's so difficult to find a decent pair of real men's shorts. The real things that show off your legs. When will this rapper trend, along with this surf board trend finally END. Is is absolutely laughable to see ads showing girls with skimpy bikinis and then the guys wearing big baggy pants to the beach or pool. It's so laughable. What is it with these mens styles have been around for so many years that cover up the thighs. It's like, have guys been so buttoned down as ever. We've been plagued with this mind set since the early 90's. How long must this fad last.

I'm a guy, heterosexual, and I also like to show off my legs, athletic legs, I wear shorts at every opportunity, where it fits the occasion. I wear shorts with a 1-4" inseam, exposing my thighs and sometimes reveal a bit of my ass. And the ladies get a kick out of it and I like it.

How is it that both men and women are convinced there's something vulgar about men showing their thighs. We've, been had. Why should average men have to cover themselves up in nylon tents to avoid offending uptight thinking people? Like cover themselves up in order to conform to some mass societal norm.

There is no sense of fashion in men's shorts choises. Women have far more greater choise and freedom. I'm so happy to see the trend in the big baggy look starting to END for heaven's sake. It's not taboo for a guy to show his thighs. What a shame. Some days I go out out in very short shorts. I'm active and have athletic legs.

You have the girls being quite cute in their mini shorts and I enjoy those on women too. Let's finally put an end to the laughable shorts styles for men that have plagued us since the 90's. It's about time we see and end to those big, ugly, long and baggy look.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:58 PM

13 posts, read 27,746 times
Sexy uncle, wonderful shorts from Jeans4shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty