Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 01:54 PM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,659 times

Advertisements

While I love all of my current perfumes, I'm looking for something new and fresh for the summer. Have you recently tried one that you absolutely adore? If so, please share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 02:21 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,694,658 times
my 2 favorites are Samsara by Guerlain and anaisanais by cacharel I do send for it from Tropicana
perfume in St Thomas. When I need it I just do call the toll free line, and tell them to also sent me some samples of what else they do have.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:08 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,694,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjuel View Post
While I love all of my current perfumes, I'm looking for something new and fresh for the summer. Have you recently tried one that you absolutely adore? If so, please share!
"Beige" by Chanel. It's light and sweet, perfect for summer , although I wear it all year long.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,740,872 times
I ADORE Heavenly Ginger Lilly by Molton Brown. It is fresh without being overly sweet. It's one of the few perfumes I like for casual day wear in the summer. It comes as a "shimmer fragrance," so I spray it along my chest/shoulders for just a tiny tiny bit of sparkle.

It's not that easy to find in the US, try a Saks, Neiman Marcus, or Blue Mercury.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
I ADORE Heavenly Ginger Lilly by Molton Brown. It is fresh without being overly sweet. It's one of the few perfumes I like for casual day wear in the summer. It comes as a "shimmer fragrance," so I spray it along my chest/shoulders for just a tiny tiny bit of sparkle.

It's not that easy to find in the US, try a Saks, Neiman Marcus, or Blue Mercury.
They have a website. It is Molton Brown USA: Gifts, Beauty Products, Skin Care - MoltonBrown.com

I'm definitely going to try this. The shimmer perfume oil is what got me. I adore oils so much and they are next to impossible to find! Thanks DNaomi!

Old 05-01-2009, 02:20 AM

23 posts, read 109,387 times
LaVanilla - grapefruit vanilla
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P174901

"Vanilla Grapefruit
An Uplifting Citrus.
Awaken your inner spirits with this luscious blend of sparkling grapefruit, fresh lime and warm cedarwood, softened in a base of rich Madagascar vanilla. Sweetly seductive and kissed by sunshine, this uniquely crisp scent is destined to be a cult classic.

LAVANILA carefully infuses pure essential oils with 100 percent active botanicals for natural fragrances that are fresh, clean, and nurturing. With each spray, proprietary natural technology wraps the skin with super antioxidants goji berry and kakadu plum, soothing willowherb, and hydrating olive leaf for a healthy dose of 30 essential vitamins and minerals and 19 amino acids. Imagine, a fragrance that not only smells good but also is good for you!

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMO
- Triclosan"

I love it. It doesn't give me a headache like most perfumes can.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:43 PM

179 posts, read 548,051 times
For summer I always have tons of body sprays because you may be sweating, or in and out of a pool, or just need to refresh. Regular eau de parfum or even eau de toilettes can be a little expensive if you're just looking to spritz some nice scent on. I have at least 180 bottles of perfume, (not including plastic body sprays), and I usually get something from Victoria's secret. From the Pink line they have 4 rectangle shaped bottles, a pink one, a yellow, blue, and green with different fresh scents. They also have a spray from that line called Warm and Cozy and I get compliments on it every single time I wear it, and it's only $10.50. (Which I find amusing, as I almost never get compliments if I'm wearing some $50 and up perfume like Chanel or Lancome!) If I'm going really summery, I'll probably wear something with any tropical fruit base, like coconut or mango. Hope this helps! :-)

Old 06-23-2009, 12:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,754 times
I have oils and sprays and the Ed hardy is a sweet summer scent I sell 100's per day at Duke let me know if your interested...

Old 06-23-2009, 09:04 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,445 times
Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca is nice and light and not too sweet. I love Tom Ford Black Orchid, the Voile de Fleur formulation would be a more wearable scent for summer; do not have the VdF but I love the original! Also, you could try something lighter, like Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien Les Eaux Savantes, which is a refreshing "splash" of Eau d'Hadrien.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty