U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,853,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma77 View Post
I can't stand skinny jeans on men...there's a difference btwn ones that fit well and ones that if they got any tighter, they'd be inside you. If you're an emo..then I guess it's ok..but personally..and no offense to anyone out there in internet land..but emo's are complete and utter idiots...and IMHO..emo men are the worst! if you're gay, cool..my best friend is a gay man..but if not..then you just look gay..and not haa haa funny gay either

/rant off...sorry..LOL
Uhhhh. I dont own a single emo record (with the exception of Sunny Day Real Estate's "Diary")....for the record. By the way there are alot of different stereotypes of men that wear tight jeans. Country guys, Indie guys, Hipsters, retro metalheads, punk rockers...not just emo dudes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 11:38 AM

172 posts, read 342,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Uhhhh. I dont own a single emo record (with the exception of Sunny Day Real Estate's "Diary")....for the record. By the way there are alot of different stereotypes of men that wear tight jeans. Country guys, Indie guys, Hipsters, retro metalheads, punk rockers...not just emo dudes.
this is true..you have a point..I just don't see many cowboys this way

hey, if you like them..that's all that really matters. My opinion of them is that those who wear them that aren't emo..are metrosexual..which isn't my type per say..but I'm sure there's a woman out there who'll like them

Old 05-05-2009, 12:20 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,579,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
There's nothing more cool than a man in (perfect fit/not tight) Levi's and a white T-shirt.

I couldn't agree with you more!! As far as guys in skinny jeans, I really don't like that look on guys. I have seen very few that can pull it off, and those are the guys that would look great in anything!!

Old 05-05-2009, 01:21 PM

5,503 posts, read 13,485,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
What do you people think about skinny or drainpipe jeans on guys? I have been sporting this look for years and often get strange looks (unless I'm in a bar full of indie snobs dressed the same way) Anyways.... Is it really that horrific? Thoughts??
Skinny jeans are on their way out.

They look best on skinny people. I've seen many young guys in them that have no idea how to wear that. Shocking.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:14 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,383,661 times
Think it depends on the age. My 15 y/o son has a pair on today, not too slim, but definitely fitted. He looks good in them. From his mouth, he is, "evolving from the baggy/loose look."

You do have to be slim or it just won't work. And I can't see anyone over let's say, 25 or 30 max wearing them unless you are leaving the concert stage.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:45 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,339,212 times
I like it

Much better than the really baggy, saggy look guys used to wear. It made them look like they had no legs & no butt.
I see a LOT of guys wearing skinny jeans now, so I don't blink an eye at it.
Like any style, some people are going to look better in it than others. Some young boys do this weird combo of sagging the skinny jeans....that is not a good look.

I'm just glad that more fitted jeans in general are back for guys...even if not skinny jeans, the baggy look is out, and I see more guys in a straight leg & more fitted cut. It flatters the male body a lot more.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:47 PM

3,681 posts, read 3,298,999 times
Don't like 'em. Not no way, no how. JMHO which you asked for!

Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 PM

5,019 posts, read 8,795,159 times
Quote:
Skinny jeans on guys...yes or no?
Depends on the guy.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:36 PM

1,806 posts, read 3,612,318 times
This link displays both yea and nay. (Remove the glam factor, just the general fit of the denim is in question.)

I happen to like DogPiles, but not on anyone with a waist size larger than 30, not skin-tight and not on anyone who is no longer twenty-something. I do not like pants that appear as though the wearer can not bend, sit or cross a leg without splitting seams or exposing nasty bits. (And yes - I've noticed the skinny worn off the tail thing...still trying to figure that one out...)

You can probably guess which outfits aren't working for me...

Skinny Jeans for Boys Sparkplug

Gender roles in Fashion | Jeans Blog- Designer Jeans - Designer Jeans sales | Denim Blog.com

So really - the question is, to give you an honest reply - how do you wear it?

Last edited by 33458; 05-05-2009 at 06:46 PM..

Old 05-05-2009, 06:46 PM

16,842 posts, read 11,551,843 times
Quote:
You do have to be slim or it just won't work. And I can't see anyone over let's say, 25 or 30 max wearing them unless you are leaving the concert stage.
exactly but I was going to say 20-25 max.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty