Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 4,936 times

Advertisements

I am very interested in beautiful handbags. I like to collect pictures of new fashion handbags. In my spare time, I go to shopping with my elder sister and buy the new fashion handbags. I believe a fashion handbag is an indispensable thing for fine lady and young girls. I also like new fashion handbags very much.

Ladies usually likes vogue bags,vogue bags are absolutely necessary for who wanna be fashion. But vogue bags such as LV GUCCI always expensive, many can't able to afford it.But I find it difficult to buy a satisfying handbag until recent days. I find a online shop named Moderator cut: spam. So I have bought a Christain Dior bag from it, I like its design and the color is my favorite black.The bag is suitable to put my white ipod in it. I also found some other brands handbags such as LV Chanel etc. Maybe next time I will try to buy another brand handbags.

I'm mostly looking for stuff like a tote bag and some shoes like pumps and boots. If I can find a good deal on stuff like coats, blazers and sunglasses that would be great.

I checked out the web and there were some websites which listed certain stores as really great places to shop for amazing deals. For those of you who have gone to LA and shopped, how are these places?

Last edited by Yac; 10-16-2007 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: spam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 08:37 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Those bags are fake.

Buy a classic bag you'll use for years. Don't buy a bag simply because it has a logo.

I have a $300 Cynthia Rowley bag (designer yes, but not logo'ed up) that I get compliments on every day. Coach and LV Logo is played out and tacky, IMO.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,752 times
I have a Cole Haan that I have been toting around most of this year. It was about $300 more or less and is in a dark camel color that I love. But I am going to a Coach outlet store later this month when we go out to Sou. California so I may return with a bargain.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:07 PM

95 posts, read 1,294,400 times
Check out bagborroworsteal.com where you can "rent" coutoure handbags. I could not believe it when I heard of this website, but it's true. You can rent handbags such as Chanel, Versace, Gucci and more. When you are finished, send it back and choose another. Has anyone here ever used this service?

Old 10-13-2007, 05:30 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,965 times
I would agree with just buying a classic looking handbag if you can't afford many.

Coach, Marc Jacobs and probably almost any designer you can think of, they mostly all carry leather bags in addition to their logo bags. Many brands even started out with plain leather and went more into logos as it became a craze.

If you just get a black or rich brown leather you can use it for years.

I buy both leather and logo, but I get 2 to 4 new bags a year. I definately wouldn't want all logos all the time.

If you are looking for discounts, try a Coach outlet. There you will find real Coach bags, they are either last season or styles that didn't sell well or there was a surplus etc. but they are still real. I am not too familiar with the site you posted, but I don't trust many sites that claim to have discounts on designer stuff. I am very good at spotting real vs fake, but if you're not they can try and take advantage of you.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:58 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
My very favorite handbags are by Ralph Lauren and I bought them all used on eBay. Nice leather, zippered enclosed and good design. I splurged once and bought a Keiselstein-Cord fringed shoulder bag with a sterling alligator on it. I love the Chrome Hearts bags, but they are too expensive.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:15 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
I would agree with just buying a classic looking handbag if you can't afford many.

Coach, Marc Jacobs and probably almost any designer you can think of, they mostly all carry leather bags in addition to their logo bags. Many brands even started out with plain leather and went more into logos as it became a craze.

If you just get a black or rich brown leather you can use it for years.

I buy both leather and logo, but I get 2 to 4 new bags a year. I definately wouldn't want all logos all the time.

If you are looking for discounts, try a Coach outlet. There you will find real Coach bags, they are either last season or styles that didn't sell well or there was a surplus etc. but they are still real. I am not too familiar with the site you posted, but I don't trust many sites that claim to have discounts on designer stuff. I am very good at spotting real vs fake, but if you're not they can try and take advantage of you.
That site is definitely fake. They have Hermes Birkins for $500! Birkins cost $10,000+ and are hand crafted, and there is an over 2 year waiting list for them

Old 10-14-2007, 11:42 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
I have never spent more than $20 for a bag in my life. I have a simple black leather bag that I got at the flea market. When it wears out I will buy another that looks just like it.

Sorry, but I have more important uses for my money.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:27 PM

859 posts, read 3,321,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
That site is definitely fake. They have Hermes Birkins for $500! Birkins cost $10,000+ and are hand crafted, and there is an over 2 year waiting list for them
Omg! I can't believe there are people out there that would believe that a Birkin is $500! I am suprised the site doesn't get shut down. I didn't even look on the site and now I have a feeling I never should.

I hate fakes rah

Old 10-14-2007, 02:23 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
I bought a Cole Haan black back over the summer for $275. It's lightweight and goes with everything. It's classy and well made and comfortable. Most of all, it fits within my budget and last me several years of daily use. I also have no trouble buying some of the $16 bags at Forever 21. You can actually find some cute bags in that store!!!

Greenie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty